Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash makes a simple and delicious side dish or substitute for pasta. A wonderful option for those looking for a low-carb, Keto and Paleo friendly recipe.
These squashes can be used in so many different ways, one of our family’s favorite it this chicken taco spaghetti squash.
I love spaghetti squashes because you can fill them or top them with so many different things. From chili, to taco meat, cheese, or even more roasted vegetables. The possibilities are endless.
What is spaghetti squash?
You can find spaghetti squashes in the produce section of the grocery store. They are yellow, long and oval in shape. Their peak season is fall and winter but they are usually easy to find all year.
When cooked, the inside can be shredded into long strands that look like thin pasta. Depending on how long it’s cooked, the texture can go from al dente to soft.
How to cook spaghetti squash in air fryer
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Prepare: Cut the ends of squash. Cut in half, lengthwise, scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Season: Brush olive oil over the spaghetti squash and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook: Place each half in the air fryer basket, cut side up, and cook at 370 degrees for 12 minutes. Check the squash and add an additional 4-6 minutes depending on the size.
- Scrape: Using a fork, scrape out the spaghetti squash strands to serve.
How to cook whole spaghetti squash
If you would prefer to cook the squash whole, place in basket and cook at 400 for 35-40 minutes depending on size. Let cool a few minutes before cutting open and scooping out seeds.
How to store
To store, let it cool and then place in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
It can also be frozen in a sealed, airtight container for 6-7 months.
Recipe tips and variations
- If you are having difficulty cutting in half, try microwaving for 4-5 minutes to soften it up.
- Try gently cutting around the seeds to make it easier to scoop them out.
- Each squash size will be a little different so cook time may vary. I like to check mine at the 12 minute mark and then add more time.
- For a simple side dish try sprinkling with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Try using as a pasta replacement for spaghetti and sauce.
Is air fryer spaghetti squash healthy?
Yes, this squash is low in calories and high in fiber, vitamins and antioxidants. It’s a great substitute for things like pasta and other recipes.
What air fryer to use
There are many great options to choose from on the market. I am currently using a Cosori 5.8 quart that works really well. You can read more about it in my full review. Here are a few others that have good ratings and are priced well.
- OMORC – 5.8 quart with LED touchscreen.
- Instant Vortex – 6 in 1 air fryer.
- Ninja air fryer – 4 quarts that cooks, crisps and dehydrates.
More easy air fryer vegetable recipes
- Air fryer mushrooms – Simple but flavorful. These would be delicious mixed in with the spaghetti squash.
- Air fryer roasted broccoli – Lightly roasted with a hint of seasoning.
- Air fryer roasted potatoes – A family favorite side dish.
- Air fryer Brussels sprouts – Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside.
- Air fryer asparagus – Beautiful side for any meal.
- Air fryer cabbage – These cabbage steaks can be topped with things like cheese and bacon for a low-carb meal.
***If you made this recipe, please feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut ends of the squash then cut down the middle, lengthwise.
- Scoop out and discard the seeds. Drizzle oil over the spaghetti squash and the season with salt and pepper.
- Place the 2 halves in the air fryer and cook at 370 degrees F for 12 minutes. Check the squash and continue cooking another 4-6 minutes depending on the size of the squash.
- Remove from air fryer basket and using a fork, scrape the inside of the squash to form strands.