Air fryer cabbage can be served as steaks or wedges. It’s flavorful and tender while having tasty, crispy roasted edges.
These cabbage steaks are a tasty, larger version of Brussels sprouts. Crispy edges with a lovely tender center. Even if you are not the biggest cabbage fan, this method of cooking might change your mind.
Why this recipe works
- A delicious Keto and low-carb friendly recipe.
- Quick to make, under 10 minutes.
- Wonderful side dish or can be made into a full meal with the addition of cheese and crumbled bacon.
Green cabbage – Cabbage is low in calories and full of vitamins. One head of cabbage can make about 4-5 steaks depending on the size.
Olive oil – This helps to crisp up the outer edges.
Seasoned salt – Adds lots of flavor. Feel free to use your favorite seasoning.
How to make cabbage in the air fryer
Scroll down for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Cut: Cut the end of the cabbage head and either slice into rounds about 3/4 inch thick or cut into wedges.
- Water: Add about 1/4 cup water to the very bottom of the air fryer (underneath the basket). This helps to keep the cabbage tender.
- Season: Place cut cabbage into air fryer basket and brush the top with olive oil and sprinkle on seasonings.
How to cut cabbage for steaks
- Take off and loose, dark leaves. Cut of the bottom or “stem” of the cabbage.
- Cut about 3/4 inch thick slices from top to bottom of the cabbage head.
How long to cook?
How long do you cook cabbage or other vegetables? You can print off this Air Fryer Cook Time Sheet to look up what you are making.
For this cabbage I started with a cooking time of 5 minutes. If you would like yours crispier, add 1-2 minutes to cook time.
- Cut: The cabbage can be cut into rounds or wedges. Make sure not to stack on top of each other in the fryer basket so that it cooks evenly.
- Seasoning: This recipe uses simple seasoned salt but here are a few other options to top the cabbage:
- Salt and Pepper, Italian seasoning blend with Parmesan cheese, crumbled bacon and blue cheese, Greek seasoning blend and feta.
How to store
- Place cabbage in airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- Reheat in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes or in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 5 minutes.
- These can be frozen for up to 3 months but the texture does slightly change.
What is the best air fryer to use?
- OMORC 6 quart – Touchscreen and the basket is dishwasher safe.
- GOWISE – This is a great price point.
- Instant Vortex – From the makers of the Instant Pot. This one has great reviews.
More delicious air fryer recipes
- Bacon wrapped asparagus – Tender crisp asparagus wrapped in crispy bacon.
- Meatloaf – Delicious and flavorful meatloaf with a tasty sauce.
- Shrimp boil – This quick meal is a family favorite. Shrimp and sausage cooked with vegetables and shrimp boil spice.
- Fajitas – Steak fajitas with peppers and onions made together in the air fryer.
If you love cooking in your Air Fryer or are thinking about getting one, be sure to join our Easy Air Fryer Facebook Group.
*** If you made this please feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Air Fryer Cabbage
- 1 head cabbage
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Slice cabbage into 3/4 rounds or into wedges.
- Pour water into the bottom portion of air fryer basket.
- Place cabbage in air fryer basket being sure not to stack on each other.
- Brush the top of cabbage with olive oil. Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Set temperature to 350 degrees F and cook for 5 minutes. If you would like the edges crispier, add 1-2 minutes to cook time.