Air Fryer Mushrooms
Jun 01, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Air fryer mushrooms are seriously easy to make, taste amazing and are always a huge hit. Only a few simple ingredients are required. Serve up as an appetizer, side dish or even incorporated into a main meal.
This is one of those recipes that I’m not ashamed to say I have eaten the whole thing, by myself at one sitting. Since they are mushrooms, I don’t feel bad because they are full of good nutrients.
I would definitely recommend making a double batch because these roasted mushrooms will disappear quickly!
Mushrooms – I like using cremini or white button mushrooms.
Olive oil – This helps to roast the mushrooms.
Salt and Pepper – Seasoning to enhance flavor.
How to cook mushrooms in the air fryer
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Clean: Clean mushrooms and cut in half, quarters or leave whole. Place in a bowl.
- Season: Add oil, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings to the mushrooms and toss to coat.
- Cook: Place in air fryer and cook at 380 degrees F for about 8-9 minutes.
How to clean mushrooms
Make sure not to clean them until you are ready to cooklw and always wash them when they are whole. Mushrooms have a high moisture content and can become slimy if they get too wet.
To clean, use a damp paper towel and gently rub the dirt off the caps. If they are really dirty, place them in a colander and rinse them off, being sure not to soak them with too much water.
I also typically remove the stem completely but feel free to keep them on if that is your preference.
- For this recipe I quartered the mushrooms. You can also cut them in half or even leave them whole. Depending on how large they are, you might need to increase cooking time by 2-3 minutes.
- Try not to overcrowd the air fryer basket. Spread the mushrooms out in a single layer to ensure even cooking.
- Try changing up the seasoning for different flavors. Italian seasoning, seasoned salt, garlic salt and soy sauce are all delicious variations. I even love adding a little grated Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs to these mushrooms.
- These can be served as a side, used for a recipe like an omelet or as an appetizer.
How to store
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should last about 2-3 days.
- Freeze them in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Make sure to let them completely cool before packing them.
Are mushrooms healthy?
Yes, they are naturally low in calories and carbohydrates but full of nutrients like vitamin B, potassium and antioxidants.
Preparing mushrooms in the air fryer is a healthy way to cook them because it requires minimal oil. Also, if you prefer less sodium, omit the Worcestershire sauce.
What is the best air fryer to use?
I currently use a Cosori 5.8 quart and really enjoy how it performs. You can read and watch my whole Cosori review.
A few other great options are:
Instant Pot Vortex – This is a 6 quart, 4 in 1 option with a great price point.
OMORC – I know several people who use this model and love it.
Ninja Air Fryer – This is a 4 quart option made by Ninja.
Cooking times and temps
If you are new to air frying here is a free printable with common air fryer times and temperatures.
More easy air fryer recipes
- Air fryer broccoli – This is an easy and fast way to roast broccoli.
- Air fryer asparagus – Tender roasted asparagus made in minutes.
- Air fryer roasted potatoes – Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Air fryer corn on the cob – A great method to cook roasted corn!
***If you made this recipe, please feel free to leave a comment and star rating.
Air fryer mushrooms
- 8 oz mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Chop mushrooms in quarters or halves and place in a bowl.
- Pour oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper over mushrooms and stir to coat.
- Pour mushrooms in air fryer basket. Cook at 380 degrees for approximately 8 minutes. Make sure to shake basket half way through cooking time. Might need to add an extra minute or two of cooking time depending on the size of the mushrooms.
- Serve while still warm.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.