Making air fryer asparagus is unbelievably easy. Just 3 simple ingredients are required to make this wonderful, healthy side dish.
If you enjoy roasted vegetables be sure to try air fryer roasted bacon wrapped asparagus, potatoes, air fryer carrots and broccoli.
I have been cooking with my air fryer now for over a year and can’t say enough good things about this appliance. It’s a great tool to have in your kitchen for busy nights when you need to get food on the table fast, when you don’t want to heat up your kitchen and when you just don’t feel like cleaning up a big mess.
Why this roasted asparagus in air fryer recipe works
- Cooks in about half the time it takes in the oven.
- Low-carb and healthy side dish.
- Quick and easy cleanup.
What you need
This recipe couldn’t be easier. All you need is asparagus, olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning.
How to choose the best asparagus
The best way to choose is to look for closed and tight tips that are vibrant green or slightly purple. You also want the stems to be firm and not limp. Size and thickness is not a factor, however, I prefer my stalks to be thin.
How to store
When you bring asparagus home from the store, pour some water into a large drinking glass or jar and place the ends of the stalks in the water. Store in the refrigerator to keep it fresh if not roasting immediately.
How to make air fryer roasted asparagus
Scroll to bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Trim: Trim or snap the bottom off the asparagus stalks. This is the tough part that isn’t good to eat.
- Oil and Season: Pour olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning over asparagus. Toss to coat.
- Cook: Place in the fryer basket. Cook at 400 degrees F for 6-7 minutes.
How long to cook?
This will depend on the size of your vegetable. It’s better to start with less cooking time because you don’t want to over cook.
For thinner stalks, 5-6 minutes should work well. Thicker stalks might take 7-8 minutes to roast.
Is air fryer asparagus healthy?
Yes! This vegetable is low in calories, carbs and full of great nutrients like fiber, vitamin C and A. Asparagus has approximately 3 calories and .5 grams of carbs per stalk.
This recipe is great for Keto, low-carb and gluten-free lifestyles.
What to serve it with?
This pairs well with many different main dishes like meatloaf, chicken breast, pork chops, and even brunch food like breakfast casserole.
Lemon pepper is one way to season but there are so many ways to add extra flavor.
- Drizzle with soy sauce and sesame seeds
- Add a little Parmesan cheese
- Squeeze with fresh lemon juice
- Add a little balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Can you freeze?
I wouldn’t recommend freezing the roasted asparagus because it won’t hold up very well. You CAN freeze asparagus before it’s cooked. To preserve the color and texture, make sure to blanch first then place in freezer bags.
What is the best air fryer to use?
There are many wonderful machines on the market today. Choosing the best one for you depends on how often you will be using it and what size portions you will be cooking. Here are a few great options:
- This Cosori is the one I use and really enjoy. You can see my full review HERE.
- Another great option is this Instant Vortex by Instant Pot.
- This 5.5 Ninja has great reviews and is 5.5 quart.
More air fryer recipes to try
- Air fryer bacon wrapped pineapple – Pineapple chunks wrapped in bacon.
- Air fryer potato skins – Crispy potato skins with all the fixings.
- Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken – Great for meal prep.
- Shrimp and Sausage Dinner – Just like a shrimp boil, this is one dinner cooked in the air fryer.
- Air Fryer Hamburgers – These turn out juicy and delicious every time.
- Onion Rings – These homemade rings are easy to make and turn out nice and crispy.
- Steak Fajitas – These cook up fast and are always a favorite in our house.
**Don’t forget to download this free printable cooking times and temperatures cheat sheet.**
AIR FRYER COOKING TIMES CHEAT SHEET
***If you made this recipe, feel free to leave a comment or star rating.
Air Fryer Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Trim about 1 inch off bottom of the asparagus stalks.
- Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and Lemon Pepper Seasoning. Toss to coat.
- Place asparagus in air fryer basket. Cook at 400 degrees for 6-7 minutes depending on thickness of stalks.
Looks yum! For me, I would just toss them in the pan with olive oil and fry. Thanks for the air fryer tip.
This is a wonderful asparagus recipe! I love the taste of lemon, so refreshing! Yum!
I like this healthy version of Asparagus. which air fried. I don’t have any air fryer I would love to try it as soon as I buy air fryer,
I love cooking veggies in my air fryer. Brussels sprouts and cauliflower are amazing too, but asparagus is my favorite.
This is such a great and easy way to make asparagus. It is so juicy and perfectly cooked.
I love me some asparagus!!! I’ve been looking at the air fryers, and really need one.
My family loves asparagus, especially my kids. I have never tried it in the air fryer before. I’ll be trying this next time.
Asparagus is one of my favorites. I always heve them roasted, and that’s because I don’t have an air fryer. I need to get one!
Oh my goodness how good this asparagus looks! I must make this in my Air Fryer!
I have literally never tried asparagus in my life, but this looks amazing!
This Air Fryer Asparagus is the bomb! I can’t wait to make this at home and let my wife taste this delicious dish.
I need to get an air fryer. I don’t have one yet but this looks really tasty!
I love asparagus! This might be the push that we need to get an air fryer.
I use my air fryer all the time but I haven’t tried asparagus in it yet. Putting this on my list of recipes to try soon!
^ minutes to a delicious looking and healthy side like that asparagus is amazing. I do not have an air fryer and i am really missing out.
I love my Pro XL air fryer – I used a similar recipe to make green beans – now I wanna do yours with asparagus
I love asparagus! Looking forward to giving this recipe a try.
I LOVE asparagus. My 3 year old does too. I usually cook it with garlic and butter in a pan. I will have to try this.
Oooh this sounds so good. I am totally going to have to make this for my family!
Oh, I love my Air Fryer but I have not tried to make asparagus in it yet. I am definitely going to have to try this ASAP!