Cream cheese stuffed peppers make the perfect appetizer or even quick meal. Mini peppers stuffed with a cream cheese and bacon mixture come together to make a dish everyone will enjoy.
These stuffed mini peppers are sure to be a hit with family and friends. They have a stuffing similar to crack dip with bacon, ranch and cheese.
What you will like these peppers
Quick – They can be made in about 20 minutes.
Tasty – This combination of flavors is always a winner.
Great appetizer – I love serving this appetizer at the holidays, football games, potlucks and more.
Mini bell peppers – These can typically be found in a bag in the produce section close to the bell peppers.
Cream cheese – Be sure to let the cream cheese soften before mixing.
Bacon – Cook bacon slices and crumble or use bacon bits.
Ranch seasoning – Use prepackaged or homemade seasoning.
Shredded cheese – Use you favorite like shredded cheddar or colby jack.
Green onion – Dice green onion or substitute with chives.
How to make cream cheese stuffed peppers with bacon
Skip to the bottom for ingredients. a full, printable recipe, and video.
- Prepare: Clean and slice the peppers in half. Remove the seeds and set pepper halves aside.
- Mix: Using a mixer, beat cream cheese until softened. Mix in ranch seasoning to combine. Mix in bacon pieces, onions, and shredded cheese.
- Stuff: Stuff each pepper half with cream cheese mixture. Top with extra shredded cheese and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake: Bake at 400 degrees F for 5-7 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve warm.
Can I make these in the air fryer?
Yes, prepare and stuff the peppers according to directions. Top them with cheese and place the stuffed peppers in the air fryer basket. Cook at 380 for about 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
Can you make these ahead of time?
Yes, if you are making these for a party, they can be made the day before. Stuff the peppers according to directions. Cover with plastic wrap or place in airtight container in the refrigerator overnight.
When ready to serve, top with shredded cheese and bake according to directions.
- Be sure to let the cream cheese soften at room temperature. This helps make it nice and creamy.
- Don’t over stuff the peppers or the filling will leak out when baked. Each pepper size is different so it’s hard to give an exact amount but stuff to the top of the opening.
How to store stuffed mini peppers
Let them completely cool and then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Warm up in the oven, microwave or air fryer.
Mini peppers can be stuffed with a variety of ingredients. Here are a few of our other favorite combinations.
Italian – Replace bacon with cooked, crumbled Italian sausage and mozzarella cheese. Replace ranch with 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Dip in your favorite marinara sauce.
Mexican – Use shredded chicken or ground beef, cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese and taco seasoning.
Greek – Use ground turkey, cream cheese, Greek seasoning blend and goat cheese.
More easy appetizers
- Sausage pinwheels – Cooked sausage with cream cheese wrapped in crescent rolls.
- Knorr spinach dip – Classic spinach dip recipe.
- Ham and cheese roll ups – Easy tortilla roll ups with ham and cheese.
- Chipped beef dip – Creamy dip with chipped beef.
- Air fryer potato skins – Easily make potato skins in the air fryer.
- Sausage balls – 3 ingredient sausage ball recipe.
- 50 of the best appetizers
*** Please feel free to leave a comment or rating below if you made this recipe.
Cream cheese stuffed peppers
- 12 mini peppers, cut in half
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning
- 5 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Clean and cut peppers in half. Remove the seeds.
- Whip cream cheese in bowl with an electric mixer. Stir in ranch seasoning, 1 cup shredded cheese, onions, and bacon.
- Stuff each pepper half with cream cheese mixture and place on prepared baking sheet. Top each pepper half with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until cheese melts.