Cream cheese stuffed peppers make the perfect appetizer or even quick meal. Mini peppers stuffed with a cream cheese and bacon mixture come together to make a dish everyone will enjoy.
We love serving these stuffed peppers along with bacon wrapped water chestnuts and vegetable pinwheels for a full appetizer table.
These stuffed mini peppers are sure to be a hit with family and friends. They have a stuffing similar to crack dip with bacon, ranch and cheese.
Why you will love these Sweet Peppers Stuffed with Cream Cheese
Quick – They can be made in about 20 minutes.
Tasty – This combination of flavors is always a winner.
Great appetizer – I love serving this appetizer at the holidays, football games, potlucks and more.
Cream Cheese Peppers ingredients
- Mini bell peppers – These can typically be found in a bag in the produce section close to the bell peppers.
- Cream cheese – Be sure to let the cream cheese soften before mixing.
- Bacon – Cook bacon slices and crumble or use bacon bits.
- Ranch seasoning – Use prepackaged or homemade seasoning.
- Shredded cheese – Use you favorite like shredded cheddar or colby jack.
- Green onion – Dice green onion or substitute with chives.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers Recipe Variations
Mini peppers can be stuffed with a variety of ingredients. Here are a few of our other favorite combinations.
Italian – Replace bacon with cooked, crumbled Italian sausage and mozzarella cheese. Replace ranch with 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Dip in your favorite marinara sauce.
Mexican – Use shredded chicken or ground beef, cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese and taco seasoning.
Greek – Use ground turkey, cream cheese, Greek seasoning blend and goat cheese.
How to make Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers
Skip to the bottom for ingredients. a full, printable recipe, and video.
- Prepare: Clean and slice the peppers in half. Remove the seeds and set pepper halves aside.
- Mix: Using a mixer, beat cream cheese until softened. Mix in ranch seasoning to combine. Mix in bacon pieces, onions, and shredded cheese.
- Stuff: Stuff each pepper half with cream cheese mixture. Top with extra shredded cheese and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake: Bake at 400 degrees F for 5-7 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve warm.
Can I make Cheese Stuffed Peppers in the Air Fryer?
Yes, prepare and stuff the peppers according to directions. Top them with cheese and place the stuffed peppers in the air fryer basket. Cook at 380 for about 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
Can I make Stuffed Peppers with Cream Cheese ahead of time?
Yes, if you are making these for a party, they can be made the day before. Stuff the peppers according to directions. Cover with plastic wrap or place in airtight container in the refrigerator overnight.
When ready to serve, top with shredded cheese and bake according to directions.
Cream Cheese Peppers Recipe Tips
- Be sure to let the cream cheese soften at room temperature. This helps make it nice and creamy.
- Don’t over stuff the peppers or the filling will leak out when baked. Each pepper size is different so it’s hard to give an exact amount but stuff to the top of the opening.
How to store Stuffed Peppers with Cream Cheese
Let them completely cool and then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Warm up in the oven, microwave or air fryer.
Cream Cheese Sweet Peppers FAQs
These appetizer peppers don’t need to be precooked before stuffing.
Peppers can become soggy if they are cooked too long in the oven.
If you don’t have bacon, you can replace it with cooked ground sausage or ground beef.
You can also make these mini peppers vegetarian by leaving out the bacon.
More easy appetizers
- Sausage pinwheels – Cooked sausage with cream cheese wrapped in crescent rolls.
- Knorr spinach dip – Classic spinach dip recipe.
- Ham and cheese roll ups – Easy tortilla roll ups with ham and cheese.
- Chipped beef dip – Creamy dip with chipped beef.
- Air fryer potato skins – Easily make potato skins in the air fryer.
- Sausage balls – 3 ingredient sausage ball recipe.
- 50 of the best appetizers
*** Please feel free to leave a comment or rating below if you made this recipe.
Sweet Peppers stuffed with Cream Cheese
- 12 mini peppers, cut in half
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning
- 5 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Clean and cut peppers in half. Remove the seeds.
- Whip cream cheese in bowl with an electric mixer. Stir in ranch seasoning, 1 cup shredded cheese, onions, and bacon.
- Stuff each pepper half with cream cheese mixture and place on prepared baking sheet. Top each pepper half with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until cheese melts.
I have made these many times, and everyone enjoys them. The only thing I do differently is to cook them longer, so the peppers are soft. Still a hit no matter the time of year.
So so delicious!! This recipe is so easy!!!!❤❤❤it’s a hit at my house!
and. yes I mad them
This is a great recipe. Only 3 out of 14 reviews actually tried them. Everyone else said they LOOKED GOOD. The review should be for people who actually made the recipe. These peppers will become a family favorite
Details instructions are perfect and tips and do’s and don’t.
The amount of cream cheese and the seasoning were just perfect!! I can have these stuffed peppers for snack time everyday!
These peppers look so delicious! I would love to make these for dinner sometime.
I love this recipe! I think I can eat this everyday because I would enjoy these.
I can smell the yummy flavor of peppers and the creamy cheese combine. I would love to try this recipe and may daughter would really love this.
These looks amazing I would love to try it great appetzer. As it not only colorful but also delicious.
now these sound lke heaven. Some great flavours going on there all of which I love!!! Great recipe.
These would make a really great appetizer! I will have to remember this next time the girls and I get together.
I have never had those cream cheese stuffed peppers before. I will have to make them one day soon. Bet they’re as good they as look.
These look amazing! I am excited to make these, I think my whole family will love them.
Jennifer Van Haitsma
These sound really yummy! I’ll have to add this to our dinner list next week. Thanks for the idea!
It’s so cute. I think these are also great for Halloween parties or as a beer match.
What a great idea for an appetizer or a movie night dinner! These stuffed peppers look amazingly delicious!
I love cream cheese and seeing this recipe already makes me hungry. This looks so yummy, I will surely try this recipe
This recipe looks so yummy! I can’t wait to give it a try.
Terri A Steffes
My kind of food, with only one carb! They sound and look delicious!
Those peppers look so good and full of all the things people love.This is certainly a treat for a family and worth the effort.
These look amazing! I know I will enjoy these. I’ll have to try them out one evening. I love peppers!