Crockpot Chicken Tacos is a simple 3-ingredient meal you can use for tacos, nachos or bowls. So easy and so delicious!!
Crockpot chicken tacos are a staple in our house. I make this at least once every other week. You can’t go wrong with 3 ingredients in the slow cooker and then it’s done for dinner. So easy! I love serving it with Copycat Chi-Chi’s Sweet Corn Cake and Spanish Rice.
HOW TO MAKE CROCKPOT CHICKEN TACOS
- Ok, this is so simple I’m not even sure it’s a recipe but add your chicken, spices and favorite salsa to the slow cooker.
- Set to cook for 4-6 hours on low.
TIPS FOR SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TACOS
- I like using boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe but you could also use thighs.
- Use two forks to shred chicken right in the slow cooker once it has finished cooking.
HOW TO SERVE CROCKPOT TACO CHICKEN
- Hard and soft taco shells are always a winner. I stuff mine with chicken, cheese, sour cream and lettuce.
- Quesadilla’s are also a great option. Lay a flour tortilla in a skillet. Top with shredded cheese, chicken and then another tortilla. Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium-high and then flip.
- Nachos are an easy way to serve this chicken. Lay tortilla chips on a baking sheet and top with chicken and cheese. Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Burrito Bowls – Layer chicken on top of rice, black beans, corn, cheese and guacamole for a tasty meal.
This slow cooker chicken recipe is a keeper!
MORE CROCKPOT RECIPES
- Slow Cooker creamy lemon chicken
- Slow Cooker Mississippi chicken
- Slow Cooker BBQ tacos
- Slow Cooker pineapple pork
Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- 1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups favorite salsa
- Add chicken to slow cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and pour salsa on top of chicken.
- Close the lid and cook for 4-6 hours.
- Shred chicken using two forks and serve.