Robert Redford Dessert is a classic. A chopped pecan crust layered with a cream cheese filling, and chocolate pudding layer. Great for potlucks, parties and holidays.
Raise your hand if you know who Robert Redford is…of course you do. Now, raise your hand if you knew he had a dessert named after him. Ok, I really don’t know why this delicious layered pudding dessert is named after one of the most famous actor/directors of all time, all I know is that it is one of those desserts I will always remember my mom making for us growing up. My husband lovingly refers to this as “Bobby B”. It has a pecan crust, cream cheese, pudding, and cool whip layer. It is great for a summer get togethers. I guarantee everyone will be asking for the recipe. Alright, now go watch Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and make some Robert Redford Dessert!
How to make Robert Redford Dessert:
- Start by making the crust. Mix chopped pecans, melted butter and flour together.
- Place the mixture in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Cool the crust.
- Cream together cream cheese, sugar and Cool Whip. Spread on top of crust.
- Mix together chocolate pudding mix, vanilla pudding mix and cold milk. Spread that on cream mixture.
- Finish by topping with more Cool Whip and cherries. You could also add extra chopped pecans.
MORE DELICIOUS DESSERTS
Robert Redford Dessert
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 8 oz block cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 oz cool whip
- 1 large box instant chocolate pudding or lemon, or butterscotch
- 1 large box instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 8 oz cool whip
- marchino cherries chopped nuts for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the crust, combine pecans, flour, and butter in a bowl. Spread in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake for 12 minutes and then let cool completely.
- For the first layer, mix together cream cheese, sugar, and 8 oz of cool whip. Spread over crust.
- For second layer, mix together chocolate and vanilla pudding and milk. Spread over cream cheese mixture.
- Spread remaining 8 oz of cool whip over pudding layer. Garnish with cherries and chopped nuts.