Breakfast Pizza is the perfect thing to whip up for breakfast or brunch. Made easy with refrigerated Happy Eggs, dough, sausage, and cheese!
This post is sponsored by Happy Egg Co, and all opinions are my own.
Weekend mornings I love making a big breakfast or brunch. It’s nice being able to take some time and eat with the family instead of quickly eating a bowl of cereal before we rush out the door for work and school. This breakfast pizza is one of our favorite weekend recipes.
The star of this pizza definitely is the beautiful cracked eggs on top. I use Happy Eggs, certified organic, pasture raised, free-est of the free range.
Happy Egg fresh eggs come from 31 small family farms in Missouri and Arkansas. Taking care of their chickens takes high priority at their farms. Each farm has over 8 acres of outdoor access for the hens to forage freely. This is different from “cage-free” farms where hens have no outdoor access. Happy Egg wants people to feel good about buying their eggs because of how they treat their animals.
Using quality, fresh, free-ranged eggs makes a big difference when it comes to cooking. You can really taste the Happy Egg difference on this breakfast pizza.
How to make breakfast pizza
This recipe is one you can adjust ingredients to what your family prefers. It cooks up fast and makes a fun breakfast. Pizza for breakfast, yay!
- I like to start by dusting my pan with some cornmeal to give the crust a little crunch. Begin by rolling your dough out on the pan. I use a pre-made dough but feel free to use your favorite dough recipe.
- Sprinkle on cooked and crumbled sausage. I like to use the hot breakfast sausage but regular, sage or maple are also wonderful.
- Sprinkle on a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Gently crack 6 eggs on the pizza, I usually do 3 on each side. Check out that beautiful yolk!
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. I will also gently touch the top of the eggs to test the firmness. You can serve them on the runny side or more firm.
- Add some chopped green onions and diced tomatoes.
I picked up my Happy Eggs at the local Publix store. You can find your closest Happy Egg store by clicking HERE. Don’t forget to look for the yellow carton and check out Happy Egg for more information about their commitment to happy hens.
- 1 refrigerated pizza dough or your favorite pizza dough
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 breakfast sausage - cooked and crumbled I used hot
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 6 eggs I used Happy Egg Organic- Free-est Of The Free
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on a 9x13 baking sheet.
- Roll out pizza dough forming a rectangle on top of cornmeal on baking sheet .
- Add crumbled sausage on top of crust.
- Sprinkle both cheeses.
- Gently crack eggs on top of pizza.
- Place pizza in oven for 10-15 minutes. Or until crust is golden brown and eggs have set.
- Take pizza out of the oven once finished, and top with diced green onions and diced tomatoes.
Leave a Reply