Jan 19, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Breakfast pizza is an easy recipe that can be served anytime of day. Pizza crust topped with eggs, sausage, and cheese, this breakfast recipe is sure to be one you will want to make again and again.
Breakfast pizza is a fun twist on a morning meal. Our family loves having pizza for breakfast because we can have all of our breakfast favorites like eggs and sausage on a traditional pizza crust.
Why we love this recipe for breakfast pizza
- Versatile – This recipe is easy to customize to your taste and preference. The base of eggs and cheese can then be topped with your favorite breakfast protein and vegetables.
- Great for a crowd – Need to feed a crowd? Breakfast pizza can but cut into smaller pieces to serve several people at one time.
- Leftovers – This pizza makes great leftovers for the next day.
- Kid friendly – Even picky eaters love this pizza for breakfast.
This recipe is one where you can get creative with the toppings. Choose ones that suit your taste preference.
- Pizza dough – I am using refrigerated pizza dough but you can substitute with your favorite homemade dough, or prepared pizza dough.
- Eggs – 10 eggs are scrambled for this recipe.
- Milk – Milk, half and half, or heavy cream can be used to mix in with the eggs. You could also substitute with water.
- Olive oil – Used to brush on the pizza dough to help it brown up a little.
- Cornmeal – Cornmeal adds a nice flavor and a little crunch to the pizza crust. You can leave this out and just place the dough directly on parchment paper.
- Sausage – Breakfast sausage is a wonderful addition to this pizza. You can substitute with crumbled bacon.
- Cheese – Mozzarella and cheddar cheese are a nice mix. Feel free to use your favorite cheese that melts like Monterey Jack, Colby Jack, or blend of cheeses.
- Bell peppers – Diced peppers add a little color.
- Green onion – Use green onion or diced chives for a little extra color and flavor.
- Salt and pepper
How to make the best breakfast pizza
Step one: Prepare – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and then top with some cornmeal. This adds a little crunch to the crust.
Step two: Crust – Place the pizza dough on the prepared cookie sheet. Roll or push it out to fit the pan. Use a fork to poke holes in the crust. This helps it not to rise up. Next, brush olive oil over the crust. Bake the crust for 7 minutes until it just starts to get some color.
Step three: Sausage – Brown sausage in a large skillet. Add in diced bell pepper and cook another 2-3 minutes.
Step four: Eggs – Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Scramble in a skillet by cooking over medium heat. Push the eggs back and forth until the scramble. Top the crust with scrambled eggs.
Step five: Assemble – Top eggs with sausage.
Top with shredded cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with green onion and serve.
Breakfast pizza topping ideas
- Sweet onions
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced ham
- Hot sauce
- Use a paper towel to pat off any excess grease of the sausage.
- Try not to overcook the scrambled eggs. Since they will be going in the oven, you can slightly undercook them when scrambling.
- Want a little something extra? Spread white gravy or sausage gravy over the crust before adding the toppings.
How to store leftover breakfast pizza
Store: Let the pizza cool before storing. Cut into pieces and then place in an airtight container or zip bag. Keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze: Wrap pizza in plastic wrap or foil and then place in a freezer safe bag. Freeze for 2-3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then bake.
Yes, you can roll out crescent roll dough for breakfast pizza instead of using pizza crust dough.
Yes you could make this ahead of time and just store in the refrigerator. Reheat in the oven, just keep an eye on the crust so it doesn’t burn.
More breakfast recipes
- Bisquick breakfast casserole
- Breakfast burritos
- Breakfast quesadillas
- Bagel sandwich
- Cinnamon roll casserole
If you make this breakfast pizza recipe let me know in the comments.
- 1 13.8 ounce tube refrigerated pizza dough or your favorite pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 cup cornmeal
- 1 breakfast sausage
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on the parchment paper. Roll out the pizza dough on top of the cornmeal. Spread the dough out to fit in the baking sheet.
- Poke all over the crust with a fork to help prevent the dough from puffing up.
- Brush olive oil over the crust, especially over the crust area. Bake the crust for 7 minutes.
- Cook the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Break up the sausage to crumble while cooking. Once cooked and browned, add in the diced pepper. Cook another 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk the eggs.
- Pour the eggs in a non-stick skillet. Push them back and forth to scramble the eggs.
- Top the crust with scrambled eggs. They add the sausage and pepper mixture.
- Add on the shredded cheese. Bake another 5 minutes to allow the cheese to melt. Remove from oven and top with diced green onions. Serve warm.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.