Pulled Pork Rub
Feb 13, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This all-purpose pulled pork rub is one that can be used on different cuts of pork. Super flavorful and easy to make, use it for smoked pulled pork, baked pork, or even slow cooker pulled pork.
Easy pork rub for ultimate flavor
What makes this homemade spice blend so good? A blend of sweet, smokey, and spicy seasonings add so much bold flavor to pork and will enhance the taste of your pulled pork.
- Brown sugar
- Smoked paprika
- Chipotle chili
- Ground black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Garlic powder
- Ground mustard
- Onion powder
How to make pulled pork rub
Step one: Place all of the spices in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
Step two: Use rub to season pork of choice. Make sure to rub all of the pork, even the bottom and sides.
How to use pulled pork rub
- It’s best to use fresh spices for the best flavor. Make sure to check the expiration date of each of the spices before making the seasoning.
- Use smoked paprika instead of regular sweet paprika for a delicious, smoky flavor. If you are in a pinch, you can substitute with regular paprika but I really recommend the smoked.
- We used light brown sugar for this dry rub seasoning blend. Feel free to use dark brown sugar for a deeper flavor.
- This recipe makes about 1 cup spice rub. It’s the perfect amount for a 5-6 pound pork shoulder.
How to store pork seasoning
Store: Keep any leftover spice rub in an airtight container like a mason jar or sealed container. Be sure to keep it in a cool dry place.
What to serve with pulled pork
There are so many wonderful side dishes to serve with pork. Here are a few favorites:
It’s recommended to leave the BBQ rub on your pork for at least 30 minutes up to 2 hours. This will help the flavors get into the meat to produce the best tasting pork.
If you have leftover pulled pork, be sure to check out this great list of recipes that use leftover pulled pork.
Did you make this dry rub recipe? Let me know below in the comments.
More homemade seasoning mixes
- Meatloaf seasoning
- Chili seasoning
- Burger seasoning
- Texas Roadhouse steak seasoning
- Sloppy Joe seasoning
Pulled Pork Rub
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chipotle chili pepper powder
- 1/4 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl. Stir to combined.
- Use to rub over pork or store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.