Dec 01, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Creamy olive dip is a simple, flavorful appetizer that can be made in minutes. Serve this olive filled dip with your favorite crackers, toast or vegetables for a memorable dish you won’t be able to stop eating.
If you are an olive lover like me, this is the dip for you. It can be made in minutes with just a few ingredients and an easy appetizer that can be made ahead of time for a party or gathering.
Just a few simple ingredients are needed for this creamy appetizer dip.
Green Olives: Use your favorite green olives, even kalamata or black olives. I typically us Manzanilla olives with pimiento. Be sure to reserve a tablespoon of the olive brine to add to the dip.
Cream Cheese: Make sure to leave your cream cheese out at room temperature to soften before mixing.
Mayonnaise: Use full fat, low fat or you can even substitute the mayonnaise with sour cream.
Cheddar Cheese: I like adding shredded cheddar cheese to this dip for more flavor and texture. You can also substitute with Colby Jack cheese, Monterey Jack, mozzarella or leave out the shredded cheese completely.
Garlic Powder: Adds a little extra flavor.
How to make olive dip
This is a super easy appetizer to make and can even be made the night before you will be serving.
- Gather the ingredients together. Make sure to chop olives into small pieces.
- Stir all of the ingredients in a large bowl until combined. Cover the bowl and chill for at least 1 hour so that the flavors can develop.
- Remove from refrigerator about 15 minutes before ready to serve. Try serving with your favorite crackers, toast, or vegetables.
Can this green olive dip be made hot?
Yes, you can either serve the dip cold or bake the olive dip for a warm appetizer. Place the mixture in a baking dish and cook at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes.
Can I substitute black olives?
If you prefer black olives, feel free to substitute with the green olives or even a mixture of both. It’s tasty either way!
How to store
Store covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. This dip does not freeze well.
- Be sure to let the cream cheese soften before mixing. This helps make a creamy, not lumpy dip.
- You can also make this dip using a food processor. Add all the ingredients into the food processor and do a quick pulse to blend.
- This olive dip also makes a great spread for sandwiches.
More easy cheese appetizers
- Chipped beef cheese ball – Cream cheese mixed with chipped beef and green onions.
- Cranberry jalapeno dip – A sweet, spicy mix of cranberries and jalapenos served over whipped cream cheese.
- Cucumber avocado dip – Cool, creamy dip filled with cucumbers and avocados.
- Cream cheese sausage pinwheels – Sausage and cream cheese mixture spread over crescent rolls.
- 1 9 oz jar of green olives, diced
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive brine from the jar
- Stir together cream cheese, mayonnaise, chopped olives, cheddar cheese, garlic powder and olive juice until combined.
- Cover the dip and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.