Peach Cobbler With Cake Mix
Jun 24, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Peach cobbler with cake mix is a 4 ingredient, delicious summer dessert. Serve warm with a big scoop of ice cream for the ultimate tasty treat.
This peach cobbler or peach dump cake is one of those easy recipes that are great to have on hand for a last minute dessert. Most of the ingredients you might already have in the pantry, dump them in a baking dish and have it baking in the oven in 5 minutes.
It’s also a great, simple recipe to have your kids help make.
Difference between cobbler and crisp?
Fruit cobblers typically are prepared in a deep dish and topped with a cake or biscuit like topping. Crisps have a crunchy, streusel like topping.
Yellow Cake Mix – Yellow is a classic flavor but it’s also delicious made with White, Vanilla, Spice and even Butter Pecan cake mix.
Butter – I recommend using salted butter to help balance out the sweetness. Unsalted will also work fine.
Canned Sliced Peaches – You will want to use the peaches and the juice. Do not drain.
Cinnamon – This is optional but I love the extra spice cinnamon adds. You could even add a pinch of nutmeg for a little something extra.
How to make peach cobbler with cake mix
Scroll down for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Assemble: Spray bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour peaches in the baking dish. Top with cinnamon, cake mix and then butter slices.
- Bake: Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve: Serve warm by itself, ice cream or whipped cream.
- Be sure to spread the peaches around evenly in the dish. Tip: If you are serving to younger kids, try cutting the peaches into smaller pieces before adding the cake mix. This makes it a little easier to eat.
- Make sure to slice the butter thin to cover the entire cobbler.
- If you like a little extra sweetness and crunch, sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar over the top of the butter before baking.
- If you like a little extra “spice”, use a butter pecan cake mix instead of yellow.
How to store
Make sure to let the cobbler cool completely and then place in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in the oven or microwave.
Cake mix cobbler variations
This recipe is so simple, it can be used with other fruits. Just follow the same directions I would have to say this peach version is one of my favorites but here are a few other fruits to try:
Can you make this in the crockpot?
Yes! Spray bottom of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and add canned peaches with the juice. Melt butter and stir it in with cake mix. Sprinkle that over the peaches and cook on low for 4 hours or high 2 hours.
More cake mix desserts
- Cake Mix Cookie Bars – Chewy cookie bars filled with colorful chocolate candy.
- Cake Mix Banana Bread – Delicious banana bread that is quick to make and tastes delicious.
- Cake Mix Stawberry Cookies – These only require a few super simple ingredients.
***If you made this recipe, please feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Peach Cobbler With Cake Mix
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup butter, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour two cans of sliced peaches and the juice into the dish.
- Sprinkle on cinnamon, cake mix and then top with sliced butter.
- Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes or until top layer is golden brown.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.