Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes are a quick and easy side dish. Using red potatoes, a touch of olive oil and seasoning, these potatoes can be made in under 15 minutes.
Roasted Potatoes are just one of many things I have been cooking up in my air fryer. I love using the air fryer because the veggies or potatoes aren’t sitting in oil like with roasting in the oven or on the stove. Everything also comes out perfectly crisp on all sides!
Potatoes – I like using baby red potatoes but you could also cut up russet or golden potatoes.
Oil – Olive oil is a great option. You could also use avocado oil or vegetable oil.
Spices – There are many great options to spicing these up.
How to roast potatoes in air fryer
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredient list and video.
These roasted potatoes cook up in about half the time as in the oven which makes this a great option for a busy evening.
- Cut: Quarter potatoes into small chunks for quick and even roasting.
- Prepare: Pour olive oil and garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper over potatoes. You can place them in a bowl or a large plastic zip bag. Stir the potatoes to evenly coat with oil and spices.
- Cook: Place the potatoes in an even layer in the air fryer basket. Roast at 400 for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Air fryers are all a little bit different when it comes to cooking time. My potatoes were perfect at 12 minutes. I suggest starting at 10 minutes and add time if necessary.
- These potatoes can be seasoned in many different ways. I also like adding Italian seasoning blend or Greek seasoning or just seasoned salt.
What potatoes are best for roasting?
I love using baby red potatoes or Yukon gold potatoes for roasting. They hold their shape and stay crispy on the outside but creamy on the inside. I have also used this method with sweet potatoes.
How to store
These stay good in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the air fryer or oven.
Are air fryer potatoes healthy?
Yes! Roasting them this way cuts back on oil and grease. Potatoes are pretty low in calories, contain fiber, potassium and vitamins.
Best air fryer to buy
- Instant Pot Vortex – This is a newer model with great reviews. 6-quarts so on the larger end.
- OMORC – You can usually find this at a great price.
- Ninja – This is a 4-quart model, they also have a larger model.
More delicious potato recipes
- Ranch Potato Wedges – Crispy, oven baked wedges with ranch seasoning.
- Sweet Potato Fries – Crispy sweet potato fries.
- Ranch Mashed Potatoes – Creamy, rich mashed potatoes with ranch seasoning.
- Air Fryer Potato Skins – Classic potato skins with your favorite toppings.
- Instant Pot German Potato Salad – Flavorful potato salad with bacon.
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – Stuffed with chili, these make a delicious meal.
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries – How to make frozen fries.
***If you made this recipe, feel free to leave a comment and rating below.
Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- 24 oz baby red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Cut potatoes into quarters.
- Add potatoes to a large bowl. Pour olive oil and spices over potatoes. Stir to evenly coat.
- Place potatoes in a single layer in air fryer basket.
- Place basket in air fryer and set to 400 degrees and 10 minutes.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes.