The Best Red Potatoes in Air Fryer Recipe
Jan 18, 2019, Updated Oct 13, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Air fryer roasted potatoes are a quick and easy side dish. Using red potatoes, a touch of olive oil and seasoning, these potatoes can be made in under 15 minutes.
Roasted potatoes are just one of many things I have been cooking up in my air fryer. I love using the air fryer because the veggies or potatoes aren’t sitting in oil like with roasting in the oven or on the stove. The hot air circulating around the food ensures everything comes out perfectly crisp on all sides.
- Potatoes – I like using baby red potatoes but you could also cut up russet or golden potatoes.
- Oil – Olive oil is a great option. You could also use avocado oil or vegetable oil.
- Spices – There are many great options to spicing these up. You can use simple salt and black pepper, seasoned salt, even cajun seasoning for a spicier potato.
What potatoes are best for roasting?
I love using baby red potatoes or Yukon golds potatoes for roasting. They hold their shape and stay crispy on the outside but creamy on the inside. I have used this method with sweet potatoes and russet potatoes.
How to roast Red Potatoes in Air Fryer
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredient list and video.
These roasted potatoes cook up in about half the time as in the oven which makes this a great option for a busy evening.
- Cut: Quarter potatoes into small, 1-inch pieces for quick and even roasting.
- Prepare: Pour olive oil and garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper over potatoes. You can place then in a bowl or a large plastic zip bag. Stir the potatoes to evenly coat with oil and spices.
- Cook: Place the potatoes in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Roast at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Air fryers are all a little bit different when it comes to cooking time. My potatoes were perfect at 12 minutes. I suggest starting at 10 minutes and add time if necessary.
- These potatoes can be seasoned in many different ways. I also like adding Italian seasoning blend or Greek seasoning or just seasoned salt.
How to store
Store leftover potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. They can be reheated in the air fryer or in the oven.
I really enjoy my Cosori 5.8 quart air fryer. You can read my full review and video on the model. Here are a few other great options depending on how much you would like to cook at one time and budge.
- Ninja – This is a 4-quart model, they also have a larger model.
- Instant Vortex – This is a newer model with great reviews.
How to Serve Baby Red Potatoes Air Fryer
These roasted potatoes make a wonderful side dish for many meals. Try serving with steak, chicken, pork, and more.
Yes! Roasting them this way cuts back on oil and grease. Potatoes are pretty low in calories, contain fiber, potassium, and vitamins.
No, they take about the same time as other potatoes.
No, small roasted potatoes do not need to be pierced.
Potatoes don’t need to be soaked, just rinsed off and dried.
Yes, you can put aluminum foil in the air fryer.
More delicious potato recipes
- Potato salad
- German potato salad
- Baked potatoes
- Baked sweet potatoes
- Air fryer frozen french fries
- Party potatoes
Let me know if you made this potato recipe in the comments and be sure to give it a star rating.
Red Potatoes Air Fryer Recipe
- 24 oz baby red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Cut potatoes into quarters.
- Add potatoes to a large bowl. Pour olive oil and spices over potatoes. Stir to evenly coat.
- Place potatoes in a single layer in air fryer basket.
- Place basket in air fryer and set to 400 degrees and 10 minutes.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.