Easy Chicken Stuffing Bake
Apr 21, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken stuffing bake is an easy recipe made with just a few simple ingredients. The ultimate comfort food, this casserole recipe is the perfect meal for any day of the week.
Easy chicken stuffing casserole
Need an easy dinner idea for the week that the whole family will enjoy? This creamy chicken casserole recipe is sure to satisfy even picky eaters. A great family dinner, this recipe is full of chicken, creamy sauce, and stuffing.
- Chicken – Diced boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins.
- Stuffing – Use your favorite stuffing like Stove Top stuffing mix.
- Broth – Chicken broth is used to moisten the stuffing mix.
- Cream of chicken soup – Used to make a creamy sauce. You can use canned or homemade cream of chicken soup.
- Sour cream –
- Salt and ground black pepper
How to make chicken stuffing bake recipe
Step one: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Step two: Place diced chicken in the casserole dish. Try to spread out in a single layer as much as possible.
Step three: Mix together the cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Pour soup mixture over the chicken.
Step four: Heat the chicken broth in the microwave or on the stove. Stir the warm broth with the stuffing mix and then spread over cream of chicken soup.
Step five: Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Carefully uncover and bake another 10-15 minutes. Make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Place the chicken in the freezer for 15 minutes before cutting into pieces to make it easier to cut.
- Make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
How to store leftover chicken stuffing casserole
Store: Let the casserole cool and either cover with foil or transfer to an airtight container. Keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Reheat: Reheat in the oven at 350 degrees F or in the microwave.
Freeze: You can freeze this chicken stuffing bake for up to 3 months. Cover with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. When you are ready to make, let the casserole thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cheese – Stir in 1/2 cup of shredded cheese with the soup mixture.
- Chicken – This recipe also works well with leftover chicken or even rotisserie chicken. If using precooked chicken, bake for 20 minutes covered and then 5-10 minutes uncovered.
- Seasonings – You can add 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning to the stuffing for a little extra flavor.
- Vegetables – Try adding in frozen peas and carrots or frozen mixed vegetables. If using frozen veggies, run them under hot water to slightly thaw before adding.
- Soup – Substitute cream of chicken soup with cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup.
- Stuffing – We used Stove Top but you can use Pepperidge Farms, another brand, or even your own homemade stuffing.
What to serve with chicken and stuffing bake
This is a delicious stand alone dish but you can also serve with things like:
- Steamed broccoli – Vegetables make a great side dish for this meal.
- Cranberry Jello – Bring Thanksgiving flavors to this casserole.
- Green beans – Canned or fresh beans are a great side.
- Salad – You can’t go wrong with a simple salad.
More casserole recipes
Love casseroles? Here are a few more delicious and simple recipes.
- Baked macaroni and cheese – Homemade mac and cheese recipe.
- Pork casserole – Simple noodle casserole dish.
- Pierogi casserole – Use frozen pierogis to make this meal.
- Bisquick breakfast casserole – Perfect to serve all day long.
Chicken Stuffing Casserole Recipe
- 1-2 pounds chicken breast cut into small pieces
- 2 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 box stuffing
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place diced chicken in the casserole dish. Try to spread out in a single layer as much as possible.
- Mix together the cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Pour soup mixture over the chicken.
- Heat the chicken broth in the microwave for 1 minute or on the stove until warm. Stir the warm broth with the stuffing mix and then spread over cream of chicken soup.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Carefully uncover and bake another 10-15 minutes. Make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.