Air fryer roasted broccoli is a simple vegetable side dish that can be made in under 10 minutes.
Air fryer roasted broccoli is yet another reason why I love my air fryer. Do you have one yet? We have been using ours a lot lately making things like roasted potatoes, bacon and these bang bang shrimp.
I have been especially using the air fryer on busy week nights. I don’t have to worry about preheating the oven and waiting for the vegetables to roast. The air fryer heats up immediately and cook most vegetables in under 20 minutes.
How to make air fryer roasted broccoli
This recipe couldn’t be easier!
- Place broccoli florets in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, black pepper and garlic salt.
- Pour oil mixture over broccoli and stir to coat.
- Place the broccoli in the air fryer and be sure to spread out in a single layer.
- Set the air fryer to 375 degrees and 8 minutes.
Is the air fryer a healthy way to cook?
One reason I love roasting vegetables in the air fryer is that they don’t sit in the oil. The excess oil drains down and helps to reduce calories and extra fat.
The ingredients used really determines the amount of calories or how “healthy” the food is to eat.
Tips for air fryer broccoli
For a little something different, change up the spices add to the olive oil. Try Italian blend seasoning or even a Greek blend.
I prefer my broccoli fork tender so 8 minutes seems to be about perfect. If you like yours a little crispier, try 9-10 minutes.
If I am feeling really crazy, I will top the broccoli with shredded Parmesan cheese once it has been roasted.
What to serve with roasted broccoli
Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- Place broccoli in a large bowl.
- Mix together oil, black pepper and garlic salt. Pour over broccoli and stir until the florets are coated.
- Place broccoli in air fryer basket in a single layer. Set to 375 degrees and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove from fryer and serve.