Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli
Feb 05, 2019, Updated May 20, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Air fryer roasted broccoli is a simple vegetable side dish that can be made in under 10 minutes.
Air fryer roasted broccoli is yet another reason why I love my air fryer. Do you have one yet? We have been using ours a lot lately making things like roasted potatoes, bacon and these bang bang shrimp.
I have love using the air fryer on busy week nights. I don’t have to worry about preheating the oven and waiting for the vegetables to roast. The air fryer heats up immediately and cooks most vegetables in under 20 minutes.
Broccoli florets – I like trimming the stems so you have mainly florets. You also want to try and cut them into similar sizes so they roast evenly.
Oil – I like using olive oil. You don’t need much at all. You can even spray a little oil on the florets.
Seasoning – For this recipe I am just using salt and pepper but you can add your favorite seasoning for variety.
How to make roasted broccoli in the air fryer
Scroll down to get the full printable recipe and ingredients.
This recipe couldn’t be easier!
- Prepare: Place broccoli florets in a large bowl.
- Mix: In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, black pepper and garlic salt.
- Pour oil mixture over broccoli and stir to coat.
- Cook: Place the broccoli in the air fryer and be sure to spread out in a single layer.
- Set the air fryer to 375 degrees and 8 minutes.
Can I use frozen broccoli?
Yes! You can thaw the broccoli or put in in frozen. You might need to add an extra minute or two to the cook time.
Is the air fryer a healthy way to cook?
One reason I love roasting vegetables in the air fryer is that they don’t sit in the oil. The excess oil drains down and helps to reduce calories and extra fat.
The ingredients used really determines the amount of calories or how “healthy” the food is to eat.
Broccoli is of course very healthy. It’s made up of 90% water and is very low in calories, about 30 calories per cup. It’s also loaded with vitamin C, A and B.
How long to cook
Each air fryer cooks a little different and it also depends on how roasted you prefer your vegetables. I start with 7-8 minutes for broccoli.
For more information on cooking times and temperature, download this free times and temps cheat sheet.
Tips for this recipe
- For a little something different, change up the spices add to the olive oil. Try Italian blend seasoning or even a Greek blend.
- I prefer my broccoli fork tender so 8 minutes seems to be about perfect. If you like yours a little crispier, try 9-10 minutes.
- If I am feeling really crazy, I will top the broccoli with shredded Parmesan cheese once it has been roasted.
- To prevent any smoking, add a couple of tablespoons of water to the bottom, underneath the air fryer basket.
How to store
This will stay good in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat in the air fryer or in the oven.
What to serve with roasted broccoli
What is the best air fryer to use?
Instant Vortex – This is a 6-qt option by Instant Pot.
Ninja Max – This is 5.5 quarts and has great reviews.
OMORC – Is a large 6-qt fryer. It has a touchscreen and can be washed in dishwasher.
More easy air fryer recipes
- Air fryer asparagus – Perfectly roasted asparagus.
- Air fryer corn – A great way to cook corn on the cob.
- Air fryer bacon wrapped asparagus – Flavorful bacon wrapped around asparagus.
- Air fryer bacon wrapped little smokies – A classic appetizer everyone enjoys!
- Air fryer meatloaf – Tender and moist meatloaf with a delicious sauce.
- Air fryer onion rings – Easy homemade onion rings.
- Air fryer turkey meatballs – These are quick and easy. Kids love them!
***If you made this recipe, please feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- Place broccoli in a large bowl.
- Mix together oil, black pepper and garlic salt. Pour over broccoli and stir until the florets are coated.
- Place broccoli in air fryer basket in a single layer. Set to 375 degrees and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove from fryer and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.