Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken is an easy and delicious meal. Five ingredients dumped in the slow cooker. Set it and forget it!
This slow cooker Mississippi chicken is one of my FAVORITE things to make during a busy week. It is so flavorful and can be used in many different ways. If you haven’t heard of Mississippi pot roast, you are missing out. It is a super tasty pot roast recipe that has been going around for years. This is the chicken version of that recipe. Instead of using Au Jus Mix, I use a packet of chicken gravy. Don’t worry about this meal being too spicy. The peppers just add a nice flavor to the dish.
For this recipe you only need 5 simple ingredients and a slow cooker. Easy Peasy! I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe but chicken thighs would also be nice. Place them in the slow cooker, top with seasonings, butter, pepperoncini peppers and a little of the pepper juice. Cook for 6-8 hours depending on your schedule. I have even cooked it on the four hour setting.
I serve this chicken in many different ways. Some of my favorite are:
- with mashed potatoes
- in a taco
- in a quesadilla
- over nachos
- with mashed cauliflower
If you love slow cooker recipes, be sure to try:
- Slow Cooker Beer Beef Sliders
- Crock Pot Pork and Beans Burrito Bowl
- The Best Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
- Crock Pot Pineapple BBQ
Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 package chicken gravy mix
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 1/4 cup juice from pepperoncinis
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Top with chicken gravy mix, ranch dressing mix, butter, pepperoncinis and juice.
- Cover and set slow cooker for 6 or 8 hours depending on how fast you want it cooked.
- Once cooked, shred with fork to serve.