This copycat Burger King Zesty Sauce recipe is sure to become a go-to recipe. Creamy, mayonnaise based sauce perfect to use for dipping or spreading on your favorite foods.
Burger King’s Zesty Sauce is so versatile!
Restaurant style sauces are super easy to make right at home. Some favorites are Chick-Fil-A Sauce, Arby’s Horsey Sauce and Taco Bell’s Quesadilla Sauce.
Burger King offers a variety of sauces like Ranch, Honey Mustard, Sweet and Sour, Barbecue, and their most popular dipping sauce, this Zesty Onion ring Sauce. It’s a flavorful blend of sweet, spicy and acid that tastes great with many types of foods, especially deep fried.
This Burger King zesty sauce can be used for so many things like spread on a hamburger bun, roast beef sandwich or use it as a dip for fries, fish sticks, jalapeno poppers and more.
Onion Ring Sauce Ingredients
We have found that this combination of ingredients tastes pretty close to the original onion ring sauce you will get at Burger King. Feel free to adjust the amounts, especially if you prefer a more spicy sauce.
Mayonnaise – Use your favorite brand of mayonnaise. You can use full or low-fat.
Ketchup – This adds a little color and sweetness to the dip.
Prepared horseradish – This can be found in the condiments aisle of the grocery store. Be sure to use prepared, not creamy horseradish. This adds another hint of spiciness.
Mustard – I like yellow mustard but you could substitute with Dijon or spicy brown.
White vinegar – Could substitute with apple cider vinegar.
Sugar – A little sweet to balance the heat.
Lemon Juice – Gives some acidic balance to the dip.
Cayenne pepper – Adds a hint of heat.
How to make Burger King Onion Ring Sauce
This is super simple copycat recipe to make at home, even the kids can help. Just mix all of the ingredients together and refrigerate.
- Place mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, cayenne and salt in a bowl.
- Stir until completely combined.
- Cover and store in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. This helps the flavors come together.
Onion Ring Dipping Sauce recipe tips
- Like your dip extra spicy? Add a little extra horseradish or cayenne pepper. If you have sensitive taste buds, try adding a little extra mayonnaise to tone down the heat.
- Don’t skip letting it sit for at least 30 minutes. Actually, the longer it sits the better. The flavors get a chance to marry together for the ultimate taste explosion.
Zesty Sauce storage
This homemade dipping sauce can be kept in an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
What to serve with Burger King Zesty Sauce
Dipping onion rings into this sauce is a no brainer but it also goes well with other dishes like:
Dip: Use as a dip for French fries, sweet potato fries, chicken strips, fish sticks and cut up vegetables.
Spread: Try spreading the sauce on a chicken sandwich, hamburger, hot dog, and a quesadilla.
Dressing: Thin this out with a little extra vinegar to make a flavorful salad dressing.
More easy sauce recipes
Be sure to let me know if you made this recipe in the comments below and if there is a copycat recipe you would like to see on the blog.
Copycat Burger King Zesty Sauce for Onion Rings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place mayonnaise, ketchup, prepared horseradish, sugar, lemon juice, mustard, vinegar, cayenne pepper and salt in a bowl. Stir together until combined.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes for flavors to come together.
Leave a Reply