This copycat Wingstop ranch recipe is creamy and full of bold flavor. You can stir together this Wingstop ranch dressing in less than 5 minutes, making it a perfect go-to dipping sauce.
Wingstop ranch dressing makes a wonderful dipping sauce for things like vegetables, chicken wings and even pizza. We love making homemade copycat sauces like this Boom boom and Chick-fil-a sauce because you are in control of the ingredients, and it’s much more cost effective.
This easy Wingstop ranch recipe is made of just three main ingredients. It’s a little different than most because it’s made without buttermilk. You can add a little touch of salt if you like but I tend to leave it out.
Ranch seasoning packets – I like using Hidden Valley Ranch. You could also use homemade ranch seasoning.
Mayonnaise – Since this is a prominent ingredient, I prefer using full fat mayonnaise for a rich, creamy flavor. You can substitute reduced fat mayonnaise, vegan or dairy-free if necessary.
Heavy cream – This adds another layer of delicious, rich flavor. You could substitute with buttermilk, but I find the heave cream is closer to Wingstop taste.
Salt – Optional for a little extra seasoning.
How to make
If you would like more of a visual step-by-step, be sure to check out the video below.
- Add mayonnaise, heavy cream and ranch seasoning in a bowl.
- Stir together with a whisk or spatula until well combined and creamy.
- Serve or store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Like many recipes, there are ways to put your own spin on the dish. This is a very forgiving recipe so feel free to make changes if needed. Here are a few variations:
Buttermilk – You can substitute the cream with buttermilk.
Sour cream – You can substitute the mayonnaise with sour cream or yogurt.
Homemade ranch seasoning – If you would prefer to use a homemade ranch seasoning, mix together:
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Vegan – You can substitute the mayonnaise and cream with vegan versions.
- If you would like to thicken the dip, add a little extra mayonnaise, if you would like it thinner, add extra heavy cream.
- I would recommend letting the dip sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before eating. The flavors will really start to come together making it even more tasty.
- Making this for a party? You can easily double or even triple the recipe to accommodate a large group of people.
How to store
Make sure to keep this in an airtight container in the refrigerator when you are not using it. This homemade ranch will last for about a week in the refrigerator. I would not recommend freezing it because mayonnaise does not do well in the freezer.
How to serve
This addictive condiment can be used for so many different things. Of course it’s great to serve with a big batch of chicken wings but we also use it to dip things like:
If you would like to use this as a salad dressing, I would recommend adding a little milk to make it more pourable.
What is Wingstop?
This aviation themed restaurant is based in America and specializes in chicken wings. The chain was founded in 1994 in Texas and started expanding in 1998. They now have over 1000 restaurants and according to Nation’s Restaurant News, was the third fastest growing chain restaurant in 2015.
More sauce recipes
Did you make this Wingstop ranch? Let me know in the comments how it turned out. I love connecting with you!
Wingstop Ranch Recipe
- 2 ranch seasoning packets
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Place mayonnaise, heavy cream and both seasoning packets in a bowl. (If you are adding salt, add now.)
- Stir together until well combined.
- Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.