This Boom Boom Sauce recipe is a creamy delicious, mayonnaise based sauce that is great for dips and spreads. A little sweet and spicy, this can be made in under 5 minutes and enjoyed for the week.
What is Boom Boom sauce?
Boom Boom sauce is a version of fry sauce that can be found at Sheetz gas stations. This mayonnaise based sauce is perfect to use as a dipping sauce for things like French fries, onion rings and shrimp or as a spread on things like chicken sandwiches, burgers and more.
Is it the same as Yum Yum sauce? This recipe for Boom Boom sauce has a similar mayonnaise and ketchup base to Yum Yum sauce but with the addition of chili and hot sauce.
What makes it so good
Delicious – Boom Boom sauce is a delicious mixture of sweet and spicy. It’s good on almost anything! We love making this for parties, game day and cookouts.
Easy – This copycat recipe can be made in less than 5 minutes with no fancy equipment required.
Budget friendly – This can be made at a fraction of the cost of buying a premade bottle. Plus I love that there are no funky preservative ingredients being used.
Mayonnaise – You can use your favorite brand. You can also make this vegan by using vegan mayonnaise.
Sweet Chili Sauce – This can typically be found in the international aisle at the grocery store. May Ploy is a common brand.
Ketchup – Adds a little sweetness and color to the sauce.
Sriracha – This hot sauce adds a little heat to the sauce. If you like your food spicier, feel free to add a little extra to the mixture.
Garlic powder – Gives a nice subtle garlic flavor to the sauce. Stick with the powder, fresh garlic will be too strong.
Salt & Pepper – Season to taste. I like the balance a pinch of seasoning gives to the sauce but if you are watching your sodium, feel free to leave the salt out.
How to make
This could not be easier to make. All you need are your ingredients, a bowl and spoon.
- Add mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, sriracha, ketchup, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a bowl.
- Stir well until combined.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
- I like to refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors develop. The longer it sits, the better it tastes. If you are making it for a party, make it the night before to give it a chance to refrigerate.
- Feel free to double the recipe for extra sauce. We like to make enough for the week.
- If you would like to use this as a dressing, add a little extra chili sauce or a teaspoon of olive oil to help thin it out.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
How to serve
This sauce really is great on everything! I could even just eat it with a spoon. Here are some of our favorite things to serve it with:
- Egg Rolls
- Chicken tenders
- Hash browns
- Cut of vegetables
- As a salad dressing
- Shrimp tacos
More easy sauce recipes
- Creamy horseradish sauce
- Polynesian sauce
- Duck sauce
- Buffalo sauce
- Homemade taco sauce
- Homemade cocktail sauce
- Tartar sauce
Let me know in the comments if you made this sauce and your favorite way to use it. Enjoy!
Boom Boom Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, sriracha, ketchup and garlic powder in a bowl. Stir to combine.
Leave a Reply