Alexia Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
May 05, 2021, Updated Sep 17, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Alexia sweet potato fries in the air fryer cook up fast and crispy. You will not want to use the oven after making sweet potato fries in the air fryer. Serve these as a delicious and easy side dish or snack with your favorite dipping sauce.
Our family loves sweet potato fries so we usually keep a few bags of Alexia sweet potato fries in the freezer for something fast to make during the week. We like the Alexia brand because there are no artificial ingredients, GMO’s and they are cut thinner so they get nice and crispy.
For a little added flavor we like serving ours with dipping sauces like Boom Boom sauce, Chick-Fil-A sauce, Wingstop ranch, tartar sauce or ketchup. We also like using them as a base for nachos instead of chips, yum!
Why This Cooking Method Works
Fast: Alexia sweet potato fries typically take 15-25 minutes to cook in the oven. Cooking them in the air fryer only takes 8 minutes.
No added oil: No need to add any extra oil to get these fries crispy. The hot air circulating around the fries helps them achieve that delicious crispiness like you would get when frying them.
Alexia sweet potato fries – These can be found in the freezer section in most grocery stores. The sweetness of the potato paired with a little salty seasoning makes this a tasty dish.
Feel free to use a different brand. Just know that each brand is cut a little different so the thickness of the fry may vary. If you have thicker cut fries you will want to add a few additional minutes of cook time.
How To Cook Alexia Sweet Potato Fries In The Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Add your frozen sweet potato fries into the air fryer basket. Try to get them in one layer for more even cooking.
- Cook for 4 minutes, shake the basket and then cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the cooking basket and serve hot.
- Optional: Add a pinch of salt or French fry seasoning.
How To Reheat Sweet Potato Fries In The Air Fryer
Reheating the sweet potato fries in the air fryer is so simple and quick. This method helps to make them crispy again unlike the microwave which just makes them mushy.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Cook the fries for 3 minutes or until they reach the desired hotness.
What To Serve With Alexia Sweet Potato Fries
These fries are great served as a snack by themselves with a little dipping sauce or as a side dish to main dishes like:
Are sweet potato fries healthy?
Sweet potatoes contain lots of nutrients like fiber, vitamin A and E, however can be higher in carbohydrates and calories than regular French fries. Cooking them in the air fryer does help cut back on excess oil but like with most foods, eating them in moderation is the key.
- These fries cook straight from frozen. Don’t thaw before cooking.
- Each air fryer model cooks a little differently. These should cook up in 8-10 minutes. Check them halfway through when shaking the basket and then add the additional time as needed.
- Don’t cook too many fries at once. You want the hot air to be able to circulate around the fries so they cook evenly.
- Do I have to preheat? You don’t have to preheat but I find preheating helps to get these fries nice and crispy.
- Don’t use aerosol cooking spray. The spray could ruin the air fryer basket.
More air fryer frozen food recipes
- Air fryer frozen egg rolls
- Air fryer frozen pretzels
- Air fryer frozen taquitos
- Air fryer frozen waffle fries
- Air fryer frozen biscuits
- Air fryer frozen sausage patties
- Air fryer Alexia Onion Rings
More recipes you will love
Don’t forget to download our cheat sheet for air fryer cook times. Try this recipe? Be sure to leave a comment below.
Alexia Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 10 oz frozen Alexia sweet potato fries
- Preheat air fryer at 400 degrees F.
- Place frozen sweet potato fries in air fryer basket. Spread them out into an even layer.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 4 minutes. Shake the basket and cook another 4-5 minutes or until fries reach desired crispiness.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.