How To Make Frozen Jalapeno Poppers In Air Fryer
May 26, 2021, Updated Feb 27, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Learn how to cook frozen jalapeno poppers in the air fryer in 10 minutes. Crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside, these frozen jalapeno poppers are great for a simple, fast appetizer.
Air frying frozen foods like frozen spring rolls, frozen pretzels and frozen okra is so fast, easy and delicious. The hot air makes everything crisp up perfectly to taste like it’s just been deep fried but without all the oil.
Why you will love these
Simple – Zero preparation. Doesn’t get much easier than one ingredient. All you need is a box of poppers and an air fryer. No thawing necessary.
Fast – These can be made faster that it takes to preheat your oven. All you need is 10 minutes.
Easy clean-up – Air fryers are so simple to clean. Most of them can even go in the dishwasher. Just be sure to check the instructions.
Delicious – One reason I love cooking with the air fryer is the crispiness it gives to the food while keeping the inside warm and tender.
What you need
Frozen jalapeno poppers – Choose your favorite brand. I used Farm Rich but there a many options like TGI Fridays and store brands.
Air Fryer – We have been using this Cosori 5.8 quart and really enjoy how it works. You can read more about the Cosori and my full review. There are many great options basket and oven style models on the market.
How to make air fryer frozen jalapeno poppers
No need to thaw, these are cooked straight from frozen. Follow these easy steps for the perfect poppers.
- Place frozen jalapeno poppers in air fryer basket. Make sure not to stack them.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 5 minutes. Flip them over and cook another 5 minutes.
How to serve
These jalapeno poppers are the perfect appetizer to serve at a party, game day, game night, and even just for a snack. We love dipping ours in sauces like Wingstop ranch dressing, Boom Boom Sauce, quesadilla sauce, horsey sauce and Polynesian sauce.
How to store and reheat
Store: These are so tasty you might not have leftovers but if you do, store them in an airtight container. You will want to keep them in the refrigerator and they can last up to 4 days.
Reheat: Place leftovers in air fryer basket and cook at 390 degrees for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- No need to thaw. Cook straight from frozen.
- Don’t pile or stack the poppers in the air fryer basket. Place them in a single layer and be sure to give them space so the hot air can circulate around them to cook evenly.
- Don’t need any extra oil. The poppers were already cooked in oil before being frozen so you won’t need any extra.
- Try not to over cook. The cheese might start to run out if they get too hot.
- Each air fryer cooks a little differently. The first time cooking them, I recommend checking to see if they are done around the 8 minute mark.
- Allow them to cool off 1-2 minutes before eating. They will be very hot in the middle so you want to avoid burning your tongue.
How to store leftover jalapeno poppers
Store any leftovers in an airtight bag or container in the refrigerator. Make sure to let them cool before packaging them up. Keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Reheat the poppers in the air fryer at 350 for 2-3 minutes.
No you don’t need any extra oil. Frozen jalapeno poppers have already been cooked in oil before they were frozen so they don’t need any extra.
Each air fryer cooks a little different. Just cook them another 2-3 minutes to fully cook them.
More frozen foods in air fryer
Frozen food is so easy to heat up in the air fryer. Here are some more favorites:
- Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Frozen Biscuits
- Air Fryer Frozen Waffles
- Air Fryer Frozen Veggie Burgers
- Air Fryer Frozen Fish Sticks
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Okra
Did you make these air fryer jalapeno poppers? We love hearing from you so be sure to leave a comment below.
Frozen Jalapeno Poppers In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 1 box frozen jalapeno poppers
- Place frozen jalapeno poppers in air fryer basket. Spread them out and do not stack them.
- Cook at 390 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Flip them over and cook another 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove and serve warm.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.