No need for the drive-thru, you can make this copycat Taco Bell chicken quesadilla recipe in no time. So easy to make, all you need is sauce, chicken, cheese and tortillas.
Quesadillas make such a delicious and easy appetizer or meal. You can fill them with a variety of ingredients and even make them in the air fryer.
This Taco Bell version is filled with shredded chicken, gooey cheese and of course, their famous creamy jalapeno sauce.
Chicken – You will need cooked, shredded, chopped chicken, or grilled chicken. I like using rotisserie chicken to make it easy.
Cheese – A blend of Monterey Jack or Colby Jack works nicely. You could also use a Mexican cheese blend. Prepackaged shredded cheese or shredding your own both work great. I do find shredding your own cheese makes for a more ooey gooey melted cheese.
Quesadilla sauce – Sometimes referred to as creamy jalapeno sauce, this easy sauce is a mixture of mayo, sour cream, diced pickled jalapenos and spices. It really sets this quesadilla apart from others. This is a great Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce copycat recipe that can be made in minutes.
Flour Tortillas – This is the base for your quesadilla.
How to make copycat Taco Bell quesadilla
- Start by making the sauce. Mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, salt, diced pickled jalapenos, jalapeno brine, garlic powder, paprika and cumin. Get full recipe here.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on a tortilla.
- Lightly spray the pan with cooking spray. Place the prepared tortilla in a large skillet, heated over medium-low heat.
- Sprinkle on shredded cheese and then chicken. Add a little extra shredded cheese and then top with another tortilla.
- Cook for 3-4minutes, carefully flip the quesadilla over, cover with a lid and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully remove from pan and cut.
- Serve hot.
- Do you have to cover the pan with a lid? You don’t have to but I find it helps to melt the cheese faster.
- Make sure not to turn up the heat too high. It can burn the tortilla without melting the cheese.
- Use a pizza cutter to easily slice these into triangles.
- For extra melty, gooey, delicious cheese, use freshly shredded rather than prepackaged.
What to serve with quesadillas?
These copycat Taco Bell chicken quesadillas are delicious on their own but pair well with many different side dishes and can be topped with a variety of condiments like sour cream, guacamole and salsa. We also like to dip them in left over quesadilla sauce.
Here are a few other suggestions for what to serve with quesadillas:
Pico de Gallo – Delicious mixture of tomatoes and onions to serve on top of the quesadillas.
Sweet corn cake – This is a copycat recipe of Chi-Chi’s sweet corn cakes.
Spanish rice – A flavorful red rice that comes together in one pot.
Restaurant style black beans – Black beans cooked to perfection with onions and spices.
Steak – Make this steak quesadillas using leftover steak, or shaved steak.
Beef – Cooked ground beef also works well in these quesadillas. Try this easy taco meat in place of chicken.
Pork – I love making this recipe with leftover pulled pork. Swap it out with the chicken for a tasty meal.
Veggie – Used some fajita veggies instead of chicken for a nice vegetarian version.
Copycat Taco Bell Recipes
- Taco Bell Cheese Sauce – Perfect sauce to dip chips or nacho fries.
- Quesadilla Sauce – This can be used on a wide variety of things like quesadillas, tacos, nachos, and more.
More copycat recipes
- Wingstop ranch
- Wingstop Louisiana spice rub
- Boom Boom sauce
- Chick-Fil-A sauce
- Chick-Fil-A Polynesian sauce
- Arby’s horsey sauce
Copycat Taco Bell Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup cooked, chopped or shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup Taco Bell quesadilla sauce
- Make the quesadilla sauce by stirring ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spread 1/4 cup sauce on 2 tortillas.
- Heat a large skillet over medium – low heat. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Place one of the prepared tortillas in skillet. Add about 1/2 cup shredded cheese and then 1/3 cup chicken. Add a little extra cheese and then top with another tortilla.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until bottom tortilla starts to brown on the bottom. Carefully flip the quesadilla, cover with a lid and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Repeat to make another quesadilla.
- -Slice and serve hot.