Learn how to make tasty, juicy Air Fryer Hamburgers that will make you the star of your family. Step-by-step instructions with a video.
There isn’t a lot better than a delicious cheeseburger with all the toppings. No need to go through the drive-through when you can make them at home. We like to make this a meal with Air Fryer French Fries, Tator Tots or Onion Rings.
These make such a good quick and easy dinner for those busy nights. That’s why I love my air fryer, cooks fast and easy clean up.
What you need
There are many different ways to season the meat. Steak seasoning and seasoned salt are easy options.
Ground Beef: Use your favorite like lean or 80/20.
Worcestershire: Adds a little salt and flavor.
Salt and Pepper
Don’t forget to grab the printable:
AIR FRYER COOKING TIMES CHEAT SHEET
How to make
Scroll down for full printable recipe with ingredients and video.
- Place ground beef in a large bowl. Add Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Divide meat into equal portions. Roll a portion into ball and on wax paper. Top with another pieces or wax paper and press down with a heavy object like a pan.
- Spray basket with olive oil and place burger patties in the basket.
- Cook at 380 degrees F for approximately 4-5 minutes. Flip burgers over and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
How long to cook
I will start by saying each air fryer cooking a bit different.
Depending on patty thickness and how done you like your burger, will determine cooking time. I would recommend using a meat thermometer to achieve your perfect burger.
Rare: Typically a cool red center with internal temperature of 125 degrees F.
Medium Rare: This is a warm red center of 135 degrees F.
Medium: Pink center with temperature of 145 degrees F.
Medium Well: A hint of pink center with temperature of 150 degrees F.
Well Done: Should see no pink with internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
This recipe makes a well done burger.
How to make frozen hamburgers in air fryer
I recommend cooking hamburgers from frozen an extra 3-4 minutes.
- Try forming your burgers into similar sized patties.
- If you prefer a thicker burger, don’t press down on patty.
- Preheat according to your machine’s instructions.
- Don’t crowd the basket. I was able to fit 3 in my 5.8 quart.
- For low-carb, wrap in lettuce instead of a bun or just serve with no bun.
- Use your favorite cheese. We love Colby-Jack but Swiss, American, Provolone and Pepper Jack are all delicious.
Good hamburger toppings
Toppings are such a personal thing. A few of my favorites are: onions, lettuce, tomato, pickles, spicy ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise. You could also try this special sauce, sauteed mushrooms, jalapenos, avocado and more.
More delicious air fryer recipes
- Seasoned Chicken Breast is simple and perfect for a main dish or to use in other recipes.
- Honey Mustard Pork Chops are fast to make and packed with flavor.
- Rotisserie Chicken is great to make and use the shredded chicken.
- Turkey Meatballs are a great use of ground turkey or ground chicken.
What air fryer?
I use this Corsi 5.8 quart. It has been great and works well for our family of 5.
***If you made this recipe feel free to leave a comment and rating below.
Air Fryer Hamburgers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 380 degrees F.
- Place ground beef in a bowl. Mix in Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Being careful not to over mix.
- To make a patty, roll about 1/2 cup of beef mixture and place on a piece of wax paper or plate. Place another piece of wax paper on top and using the bottom of a pan, press down to flatten burger. Repeat to make the rest of burger patties.
- Spray air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Place burgers into basket being sure not to overlap or stack on each other.
- Cook at 380 degrees for approximately 4 minutes. Flip the burgers over and then cook another 2-4 minutes depending on how done you like your burgers.
- If you would like cheese, place the cheese slice on top of burgers. Place fryer basket back in air fryer and let sit for 2-3 minutes so cheese will melt.
- Serve with favorite toppings.
Stephen D Krause
The ingredients were perfect. However it was too salty for me. I kept the ingredients but changed the amount to 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, , 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Its good! thank you.
You season your burgers with the same ingredients I do. I also add diced mushrooms and onions and because of the extra moisture from those I add some breadcrumbs. None of which are seasonings of course. I know from reading it that your recipe will be fantastic.
I’m rating this FIVE STARS for two reasons, the recipe is solid and you included burger temps for different ranges of doneness. That’s what I was searching and you provided an excellent table. Thank you very much, I really appreciate it.
I wonder, do you find the air fryer to be much more hands on than regular oven recipes? I do. Oven and pressure cooker recipes, I have an Instant Pot, very little hands on. Prep it, bake/roast/pressure cook it… done. I have the Ninja Foodi Grill, which I bought for the grill, yet like you, I do like the air fryer function. As with all of these gadgets there is a learning curve but the air fryer and meats, oh my gosh, check the temp, check the temp, check the temp…! I’ve never checked the temp of an oven baked or roasted anything, and certainly not with the Instant Pot. I want to set the timer then go relax with my family versus nursing the air fryer along by shaking the basket and taking the temp. Whew! I guess I needed that vent.
PS… air fryer frozen okra!!! I’m in!!!
Very cool! Quick and easy to make, gotta love the air fryer! 🙂
I never thought to use the air fryer to make them, but they turned out perfecly!
These are so good! Love them! never thought to make burgers in the air fryer