Making frozen chicken patties in the air fryer is simple and fast. These crispy patties are great to make a quick sandwich, add to a wrap or serve with your favorite vegetables.
We love cooking all types of chicken in the air fryer from a whole chicken, drumsticks, thighs and more. These frozen chicken patties are a family favorite because they are so quick to make and are a great copycat for fast food chicken sandwiches.
What are chicken patties?
We love making this homemade version but when it comes to frozen, we typically eat the Tyson chicken patties. They are made from ground up chicken that is pressed together and breaded. They are then fried, frozen and come ready to heat and eat.
Feel free to use your favorite brand, even the vegetarian Morningstar Chick Patties work.
How to make
- Place your frozen chicken patties in the air fryer basket. I typically cook 2-4 at a time with my machine.
- Cook at 390 degrees for about 10 minutes or until desired crispiness. I recommend flipping half way through.
- Serve hot by itself or on a bun with your favorite toppings like lettuce, tomato and onion.
How to add melted cheese
If you would like to add a piece of sliced cheese, simply place a slice of cheese on top of the cooked chicken while it’s still in the air fryer basket. Push the basket back into the air fryer and let it sit for about 20 seconds while the machine is off. The extra heat from the fryer will help melt the cheese.
If you would like a toasted bun, you can lightly butter the bun and place it in the air fryer at 350 for 1-2 minutes. If you would like to save some calories there is no need to add the butter.
There is no need to add extra oil to the chicken because the chicken is already precooked with oil before its frozen.
If you would like them extra crispy, add 2-4 minutes extra cook time.
I use this 5.8 quart machine that is able to fit 4 patties. Be sure not to stack them on top of each other in the basket. You want the hot air to be able to circulate around the chicken so that it cooks evenly and gets nice and crispy.
How to store and reheat chicken patties
Store: Let them cool completely and either wrap in foil or place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Reheat: It’s super easy to reheat them in the air fryer. Simply cook at 350 degrees for 4-5 minutes.
How to serve
Our favorite way to eat this chicken is on a toasted bun with your favorite toppings. Here are a few other suggestions on how to serve chicken patties:
- Top with copycat Chick-Fil-A Polynesian Sauce or Chick-Fil-A Sauce.
- Serve alongside buttered noodles.
- Cut up and used in a buffalo chicken wrap.
- Topped with slaw.
- Cut them up into small pieces like nuggets for the kiddos in your life.
More frozen food to cook in air fryer
If you would like to find more recipes for your air fryer, be sure to join our new Facebook group.
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Patties
- 2 frozen chicken patties
- 2 sandwich buns
- 2 leaves lettuce
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices onion
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Place frozen chicken patties in air fryer basket.
- Cook at 390 degrees F for 10 minutes. Flip over half way through cooking.
- Serve hot.
- Spread mayonnaise on buns. Add chicken patties, pickles, lettuce, onion and tomato.
Leave a Reply