Jan 20, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Polynesian Sauce is a must when you visit Chick-Fil-A. It’s easy to make your own version of this delicious copycat recipe at home with just a few simple ingredients.
Chick-Fil-A has a wide variety of dipping sauces, like their famous Chick-Fil-A Sauce, to use for their delicious chicken. I would have to say that their Polynesian sauce is one of the most popular among all of their choices. It was actually one of their first sauces they introduced in 1984 and has been a big hit ever since.
Chick-Fil-A is one of the only restaurants our whole family agrees on so being able to make our own version at home is wonderful. We love dipping our chicken and even fries in this tangy sweet and sour sauce. We can’t get enough!
What makes this so good
Convenient – No need to go to the restaurant to enjoy this popular sauce.
Fast – Can be made in about 5 minutes with 4 ingredients. Just dump and stir.
Taste – This recipe tastes very close to the original without using corn syrup and preservatives. You can view all of the ingredients Chick-Fil-A uses for their sauces on their website.
This is a simple recipe with just a few key ingredients.
Catalina salad dressing – This makes a great base for the sauce giving it a sweet taste and red color. Use your favorite brand of Catalina or California French dressing.
Honey – Adds a hint of sweetness.
Apple cider vinegar – Balances the sweetness with some tang.
Ground mustard – Adds an extra layer of flavor. You could leave this out if you don’t have it in your spice cabinet.
How to make
You can find the full list of ingredients, directions and video below.
- Place dressing, apple cider vinegar, honey, and ground mustard in a bowl.
- Stir until completely combined.
- Eat immediately or store covered in the refrigerator.
- I recommend letting this sit in the refrigerate for about an hour to let the flavors blend together.
- One advantage to making this at home is that you can easily adjust the ingredients. If you prefer a sweeter sauce, add an extra tablespoon of honey.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
More sauce recipes
- Homemade Duck Sauce – Great to serve with egg rolls or wontons.
- Tartar Sauce – Use alongside your favorite seafood.
- Teriyaki Sauce – Use to make chicken teriyaki and more.
- Homemade Cocktail Sauce – Better than store bought.
- Buffalo Sauce – Pairs well with wings, pasta and more.
- Taco Sauce – Serve with a variety of Mexican inspired meals.
Let me know if you made this recipe in the comments. I love to hear from you! Don’t for get to follow us on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook for up to date recipes.
- 1 cup Catalina Dressing
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Mix together Catalina dressing, apple cider vinegar, honey, ground mustard in a bowl until combined.
- Serve immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.