Air fryer potato wedges are a tasty side dish or appetizer that everyone is sure to enjoy. Crispy potatoes with a light and tender middle, seasoned to perfection.
I love cooking potatoes in the air fryer like roasted potatoes, air fryer baked potatoes and of course air fryer french fries. The outer part of the potato always comes out nice and crispy while the inside is tender.
How to cut potato wedges
Start with a clean potato. Cut the it in half and then cut the halves in half. Cut those pieces one more time so that you end up with 8 wedges.
You can cut more wedges for thinner potatoes if you prefer.
What you need
Potatoes – I recommend using Russet potatoes for wedges. Make sure to clean them well before cooking.
Seasoning – French fry seasoning is my favorite to use for these potatoes. You could also use seasoned salt, salt and pepper or your favorite blend of spices.
Olive oil – This helps to crisp up the potatoes.
How to make air fryer potato wedges
Scroll to the bottom to watch the video and get full printable recipe and ingredients.
- Prepare: Cut the potatoes into wedges. Place the wedges in a bowl with cold water. Let them soak for 30 minutes.
- Season: Remove potatoes from water and pat dry with paper towel. Place in a bowl or on a plate and coat with olive oil. Sprinkle on seasonings.
- Cook: Place wedges in air fryer basket. Cook at 390 degrees F for 15-20 minutes depending on how crispy you want your potatoes.
- Serve: Serve warm.
- The cook time my vary slightly with different air fryers and also potato size. One thing I love about the air fryer is that you can easily pause the cooking process and check on the food. I usually start my time at 15 and add more time as needed.
- Do I have to soak them? You don’t have to BUT soaking in cold water helps make these potato wedges in the air fryer super crispy.
How to store leftovers
Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer or oven.
Best air fryer to use
There are many different options on the market today. I have been using the Cosori 5.8 quart for almost a year and it still works great. Here are a few other’s that might work well for you and your family.
- Ninja air fryer – Cooks, crisps and dehydrates.
- Instant Vortex – Made by Instant Pot, 4 in 1 air fryer.
More air fryer recipes
- Air fryer pork loin – Seasoned pork loin that cooks up quickly.
- Air fryer carrots – Roasted carrots.
- Air fryer chicken breast – How to cook chicken breast in the air fryer.
- Air fryer spaghetti squash – Easily cook spaghetti squash in the air fryer.
- Air fryer meatloaf – Amazing meatloaf with a tasty sauce.
If you’ve tried this recipe, don’t forget to leave a rating and comment.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon French fry seasoning
French Fry Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Cut the potatoes into wedges. Place the wedges in a bowl with cold water. Let them soak for 30 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from water and pat dry with paper towel. Place in a bowl or on a plate and coat with olive oil. Sprinkle on seasonings.
- Place wedges in air fryer basket. Cook at 390 degrees F for 15-20 minutes depending on how crispy you want your potatoes.