Air Fryer Meatloaf
May 05, 2020, Updated Sep 13, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Air fryer meatloaf is a family friendly meal that is sure to become a regular on your weekly menu. Amazing crust on the outside and perfectly moist on the inside. All topped with a sauce that is crave worthy.
If you think you enjoy cooking with your air fryer now, wait until you taste this air fryer meatloaf! It has seriously become one of our favorite things to make using this handy kitchen appliance. It’s a classic comfort food meal that is super satisfying.
Not familiar with cooking with an air fryer? Be sure to download this free printable cooking times and temperatures cheat sheet.
Why Meatloaf in the Air Fryer works
- Perfect crust on the outside and deliciously moist on the inside.
- 2-lb meatloaf cooks up in about 45 minutes.
- Easy recipe and easy clean-up.
- Save any leftovers for meal prep for the week.
“The finest meatloaf I have ever made! Years ago I purchased a double meatloaf pan with an internal perforated drip pan and was not truly satisfied with the results. This air fryer recipe requires continued attention but (including the sauce) is MASTERFUL!” – Pete
Ground beef – You can also use ground turkey. The higher the fat content, the more grease. I typically use leaner beef.
Panko bread crumbs – You could replace with regular bread crumbs, Italian bread crumbs, gluten-free bread crumbs or quick cooking oats.
Eggs – This helps bind the meatloaf together.
Milk – Adds moisture.
Parsley – Adds freshness and a little green.
Worcestershire, Garlic Salt and Italian Seasoning
Sauce – Ketchup, brown sugar, ground mustard
How to cook Meatloaf in Air Fryer
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Mix: Place Panko crumbs, milk and eggs in a large bowl and stir. Add in ground beef, diced onion, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Mix until combined.
- Form: Place a piece of parchment paper in a loaf pan. Put meat mixture on top of parchment and form into a loaf.
- Air Fry: Lift the parchment with meatloaf out of the pan and place in air fryer basket. Cook at 370 degrees for 30 minutes.
- ***Check meatloaf after cooking for 10-15 minutes. If the top is getting dark, place a small piece of foil over meatloaf and continue cooking. It will vary depending on brand of air fryer.
- Sauce: In a small bowl, mix ketchup, brown sugar, and dry mustard. After 30 minutes, spread half of the sauce over top of the meatloaf. Continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Let the meatloaf rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Do you preheat?
I do like to preheat for about 5 minutes. My machine has a preheat button, if yours doesn’t, set the temperature to 350 degrees for 5 minutes before cooking.
Can I use foil?
Yes, you can use aluminum foil instead of parchment paper in the air fryer to make meatloaf.
- You can make these into mini meat loaves, just dived mixture into 2 or 3 smaller loaves and same temperature just a little less time.
- You can use ground turkey for this recipe.
- You can use regular bread crumbs or Italian bread crumbs in place of Panko.
- Use a meat thermometer to make sure that the internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees F.
- I like using the reserved sauce to serve alongside meatloaf.
- Don’t like ketchup, try topping with your favorite BBQ sauce.
How to slice
Make sure to let it rest for about 10 minutes before slicing. Use a serrated knife for best results.
How to store leftovers
Store leftover meatloaf in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. To reheat, place back in air fryer on 350 degrees for about 5 minutes or in the oven.
What to serve with this Air Fryer Meatloaf Recipe
There are many wonderful meatloaf side dishes that are perfect with this main dish. Here are a few of our favorite:
What air fryer to use?
More tasty air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts – Easy method for cooking chicken breasts.
- Air Fryer Pork Chops – Cooked with a honey mustard sauce.
- Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken – You can easily make at home. Great to use for meal prep.
- Air Fryer Hamburgers – These burgers are juicy and delicious. Serve with your favorite toppings.
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs – Lean turkey meatballs can be used for many dishes and meal prep.
- Air Fryer Shrimp and Sausage – Just like a shrimp boil, filled with veggies, shrimp and sausage.
*** If you made this recipe, please feel free to leave a comment and rating below.
Watch how air fryer meatloaf is made in the video below.
Air Fryer Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- Place eggs, Panko and milk in a large bowl and stir. Mix in ground beef, onion, parsley, Worcestershire, garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or foil. Place meat mixture in the prepared pan and form a loaf.
- Carefully lift up loaf with the parchment and place in the air fryer basket. Set temperature for 370 degrees for 15 minutes. Check top of meatloaf, if starting to turn brown and crust, place a small piece of foil over meatloaf. Continue cooking at 370 degrees F for another 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together ketchup, brown sugar and ground mustard to make sauce. After the meatloaf has been cooking 30 minutes, spread half of the sauce over top the meatloaf.
- Continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Let meatloaf rest about 10 minutes before slicing. Add extra sauce if needed.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.