Air fryer meatloaf is a family friendly meal that is sure to become a regular on your weekly menu. Amazing crust on the outside and perfectly moist on the inside. All topped with a sauce that is crave worthy.
If you are interested in more ground beef recipes, be sure to try cheesy ground beef and rice casserole, ground beef ramen and beef noodle bake.
If you think you enjoy cooking with your air fryer now, wait until you taste this air fryer meatloaf! It has seriously become one of our favorite things to make using this handy kitchen appliance. It’s a classic comfort food meal that is super satisfying.
Not familiar with cooking with an air fryer? Be sure to download this free printable cooking times and temperatures cheat sheet.
AIR FRYER COOKING TIMES CHEAT SHEET
Why Meatloaf in the Air Fryer works
- Perfect crust on the outside and deliciously moist on the inside.
- 2-lb meatloaf cooks up in about 45 minutes.
- Easy recipe and easy clean-up.
- Save any leftovers for meal prep for the week.
Meatloaf Air Fryer Ingredients
Ground beef – You can also use ground turkey. The higher the fat content, the more grease. I typically use leaner beef.
Panko bread crumbs – You could replace with regular bread crumbs, Italian bread crumbs, gluten-free bread crumbs or quick cooking oats.
Eggs – This helps bind the meatloaf together.
Milk – Adds moisture.
Parsley – Adds freshness and a little green.
Worcestershire, Garlic Salt and Italian Seasoning
Sauce – Ketchup, brown sugar, ground mustard
How to cook Meatloaf in Air Fryer
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Mix: Place Panko crumbs, milk and eggs in a large bowl and stir. Add in ground beef, diced onion, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Mix until combined.
- Form: Place a piece of parchment paper in a loaf pan. Put meat mixture on top of parchment and form into a loaf.
- Air Fry: Lift the parchment with meatloaf out of the pan and place in air fryer basket. Cook at 370 degrees for 30 minutes.
- ***Check meatloaf after cooking for 10-15 minutes. If the top is getting dark, place a small piece of foil over meatloaf and continue cooking. It will vary depending on brand of air fryer.
- Sauce: In a small bowl, mix ketchup, brown sugar, and dry mustard. After 30 minutes, spread half of the sauce over top of the meatloaf. Continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Let the meatloaf rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Do you preheat?
I do like to preheat for about 5 minutes. My machine has a preheat button, if yours doesn’t, set the temperature to 350 degrees for 5 minutes before cooking.
Can I use foil with air fryer meatloaf?
Yes, you can use aluminum foil instead of parchment paper in the air fryer to make meatloaf.
Air Fry Meatloaf Tips
- You can make these into mini meat loaves, just dived mixture into 2 or 3 smaller loaves and same temperature just a little less time.
- You can use ground turkey for this recipe.
- You can use regular bread crumbs or Italian bread crumbs in place of Panko.
- Use a meat thermometer to make sure that the internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees F.
- I like using the reserved sauce to serve alongside meatloaf.
- Don’t like ketchup, try topping with your favorite BBQ sauce.
How to slice
Make sure to let it rest for about 10 minutes before slicing. Use a serrated knife for best results.
Meatloaf in Air Fryer Storage
Store leftover meatloaf in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. To reheat, place back in air fryer on 350 degrees for about 5 minutes or in the oven.
What to serve with this Air Fryer Meatloaf Recipe
There are many wonderful meatloaf side dishes that are perfect with this main dish. Here are a few of our favorite:
What air fryer to use?
I have been using and enjoying THIS model. You can see my full review and video HERE.
More tasty air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts – Easy method for cooking chicken breasts.
- Air Fryer Pork Chops – Cooked with a honey mustard sauce.
- Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken – You can easily make at home. Great to use for meal prep.
- Air Fryer Hamburgers – These burgers are juicy and delicious. Serve with your favorite toppings.
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs – Lean turkey meatballs can be used for many dishes and meal prep.
- Air Fryer Shrimp and Sausage – Just like a shrimp boil, filled with veggies, shrimp and sausage.
*** If you made this recipe, please feel free to leave a comment and rating below.
Watch how air fryer meatloaf is made in the video below.
Air Fryer Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- Place eggs, Panko and milk in a large bowl and stir. Mix in ground beef, onion, parsley, Worcestershire, garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or foil. Place meat mixture in the prepared pan and form a loaf.
- Carefully lift up loaf with the parchment and place in the air fryer basket. Set temperature for 370 degrees for 15 minutes. Check top of meatloaf, if starting to turn brown and crust, place a small piece of foil over meatloaf. Continue cooking at 370 degrees F for another 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together ketchup, brown sugar and ground mustard to make sauce. After the meatloaf has been cooking 30 minutes, spread half of the sauce over top the meatloaf.
- Continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Let meatloaf rest about 10 minutes before slicing. Add extra sauce if needed.
Very tasty and easy recipe. I especially enjoyed the sauce. Never tried it with mustard and it was incredible
The finest meatloaf I have ever made! Years ago I purchased a double meatloaf pan with an internal perforated drip pan and was not truly satisfied with the results. This air fryer recipe requires continued attention but (including the sauce) is MASTERFUL!
It was really good, I had to add about 15 to 20 minutes more than the recipe called for. It was a big hit 😋
Everyone loved it. No leftovers! Win win..
Absolutely delicious, so easy! My go to meatloaf recipe from now on.
Moist, delicious and simple to make. Highly recommend
Thank you for sharing. This is now my Hubby’s favorite meatloaf. Much better then his Mother’s whose was dry. I did not have to tweak it. Yummy!
My family doesn’t like meatloaf but loved this one! I had to make another one for them. I doubled the topping part, but I always do that 🙂
Delicious 😋 Need to make 2 for my family cause they loved it so much. Fast and easy recipe
Substituted ground venison for the ground beef and it was delicious. Thank you.
So happy you enjoyed it!
My husband does not care for meatloaf. But this, he loved. I will be using this recipe in the future. Thank you!
So glad he liked it!
The best meatloaf ever!!! Even my daughter are it and she hates meatloaf
It’s flavorful and easy. It’s a great weekend reheat hit!
I’ve made this recipe a few times now. This is my new go-to meatloaf recipe. The meatloaf is moist and delicious. In fact I’m making it tonight. Thanks for sharing. 😋
I made your meatloaf tonight in the air fryer. I didn’t change a thing and it tasted delicious. Thanks for such an easy to follow recipe.
How’ do you handle the grease from the meatloaf?
You can place a piece of bread in the bottom of the air fryer basket (underneath the basket) or even a piece of parchment paper to catch some of the grease.
My mother would love that piece of bread! Fond memories of my mom using bread to soak up all of the delicious grease. Back then, it wasn’t yet deemed unhealthy! Thank you for the smile.
I don’t care for meatloaf, but this was the best meatloaf I’ve ever had! It was delicious!
does this recipes work in a air fryer oven with same recipes
Yes, it will work in an air fryer oven. Hope you enjoy!
The site won’t answer my question, says I’ve asked before, and since this is my first time on your site I’m baffled. If I halve the recipe do I cut the cook time in half also?
Hi Anne, I would start checking your meatloaf around 25-30 minutes. If it is getting close to an internal temp of 165, go ahead and add the sauce and cook for another 5 minutes.
Thanks you so much….making it now.
Just click on the number of servings to change the number. I changed it from 6 to 3 & followed the instructions.
This is the best meatloaf recipe I’ve tried! Airfryer or oven! I follow the recipe except for subbing about a cup of fresh chopped spinach for the parsley! Hubby and toddler approved! I share this recipe with everyone!
Do you place parchment paper in the air fryer?
You don’t have to. It will be fine without the parchment. If you want to use parchment, I recommend poking a few holes through it so the hot air can circulate around the meatloaf. Hope you enjoy!
Thank you I will. Looks amazing!
Could you update the recipe to state that? I missed it and cooked it with the parchment and it took 25 extra minutes to get done. Otherwise it was really good. Thanks!
Are you pressure cooking the loaf at first? Than air fry? Or is it all air fry?
It’s all cooked in the air fryer.
Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef?
Yes you can substitute with ground turkey. Enjoy!