Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
Feb 26, 2020, Updated Nov 01, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Guide on how to cook Air Fryer Frozen French Fries. Learn times and temperatures for how to make different types of crispy frozen french fries in the air fryer.
The very first thing I made when I bought my air fryer was frozen french fries. My mom kept telling me how much they tasted like they were straight from a restaurant and she was right! So many things can be made in the air fryer like hard boiled eggs, bacon and chicken.
The air fryer is a great addition to your kitchen! We use ours on a regular basis. They are easy to clean, cook fast and perfect for busy schedules.
If you are new to this method of cooking, I have made a printable cooking times and temps sheet for quick reference. I printed mine out and keep it in the kitchen.
HOW TO COOK FROZEN FRENCH FRIES IN AIR FRYER
One reason I love to cook frozen fries using this method is you don’t need any extra oil!
Scroll down for full printable recipe, ingredient list and step by step video
- Add a layer of fries to fryer basket.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 8-12 minutes depending on fry thickness.
- Remove from basket and sprinkle on seasoning if desired.
DO YOU ADD OIL TO AIR FRYER FOR FROZEN FRENCH FRIES?
There is no need to add oil. The frozen fries already contain oil which helps to make them nice and crispy.
DO I PREHEAT?
I will admit, most times I do not preheat my air fryer except when I am cooking meat. When cooking meat I like to have the fryer warmed.
For this french fry tutorial I did not preheat. If you like, you may preheat for 2-3 minutes before cooking.
FROZEN STEAK FRIES IN AIR FRYER
Steak fries tend to be a little thicker so I recommend adding a 2-3 extra minutes to cooking time.
FROZEN CRINKLE FRIES IN AIR FRYER
Crinkle fries can be cooked for the same time, approximately 10 minutes.
TIPS FOR PERFECT CRISPY FROZEN FRENCH FRIES
- The biggest tip I can offer is not to put too many fries in your basket. Do not overcrowd or the fries will not crispy and cook evenly.
- If seasoning the fries, do it immediately after you take them out of the fryer when they are hot. We love using this easy homemade french fry seasoning.
- You can use this same recipe for frozen onion rings. Depending on how large they are, start with 10 minutes and add time if necessary.
WHAT IS THE BEST AIR FRYER TO USE?
There are several wonderful air fryers on the market. Your choice might depend on how much you will be cooking with this appliance and how big you need for your family.
- I use this Corsi Air Fryer that is 5.8 quarts, digital touchscreen. It includes a great recipe book to get you started. Corsi also makes a smaller version, 3.7 quart version.
- The Ninja Air Fryer is another great option. This one is 4 quarts.
- The OMORC 6 qt is another nice larger option that is reasonably priced.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH FRENCH FRIES
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts are super versatile. Cook up quickly and can be used as main protein or used for different recipes.
- Air Fryer Honey Mustard Pork Chops easy and flavorful. Pork chops make a wonderful meal.
- Meatloaf Meatballs these are served with a tasty sauce and would pair great with fries.
- Chicken Cakes is one of my favorite dinner recipes. My kids love these shred
MORE EASY AIR FRYER RECIPES
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Aparagus is a great side dish that looks fancy but is super easy to make.
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Pineapple is a delicious appetizer. The perfect sweet and salty bite.
- Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli is one of our go-to side dishes.
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes – Not in the mood for fries, try these potatoes instead.
- Air Fryer Potato Skins are another great appetizer or even meal. Load them up with your favorite toppings.
- Air Fryer Parmesan Brussels Sprouts are another great veggie side dish.
***If you made this recipe, be sure to comment below.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- 1 1 lb bag Frozen French Fries
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt optional
- Place layer of frozen fries in air fryer basket. Don't overcrowd.
- Set air fryer to 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Remove the air fryer basket and shake or toss the fries half way through cooking and then continue cooking.
- If desired, season once fries finish cooking.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.