Air Fryer Carrots are a delicious and nutritious side dish. Lightly seasoned carrots are perfectly roasted in the air fryer for a family friendly vegetable dish.
Frozen vegetables are so convenient and can be used as a nice side dish or in different recipes. Before having an air fryer we would roast frozen vegetables in the oven but now I find myself reaching for the air fryer.
What makes this so good
- Fresh carrots lightly seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Fee free to add your own favorite seasoning mixture like this homemade French fry seasoning.
- They cook up faster than the oven. Cook in about 15 minutes.
- Easy side dish with few ingredients and easy to make.
How to make air fryer carrots
Scroll to the bottom for full, printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Prepare: Clean, peel and cut carrots into 2-inch pieces. If the pieces are thick, cut them in half lengthwise. Try to make them uniform in size for the best cooking results.
- Cook: Place chopped carrots in a bowl and then add olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Toss to completely coat the carrots. Place carrots in air fryer basket, and cook at 390 degrees F for 8 minutes. Toss or flip carrots and cook again at 390 degrees F for another 5-6 minutes. Your fork should be able to easily go through the carrot once finished.
- Serve: Serve warm as a side or snack.
Recipe tips and variations
- Size – Use large carrots and cut into 2-inch pieces or you can use baby carrots. The key it to make sure the pieces are uniform in size for even cooking.
- Carrot Fries – To make carrot fries, cut carrots into thin, long pieces. Reduce cooking time to a total of 8 minutes.
- Try not to stack the carrots in the air fryer basket. This will help them cook evenly.
- Seasonings – Try different seasonings like thyme, rosemary or even brown sugar for a sweeter version.
- Each air fryer is a little different when it comes to cooking time. I used the Cosori 5.8 quart air fryer for this recipe.
How to store
Store: Let carrots cool, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat: You can reheat by placing them back in the basket and cooking at 350 degrees F for 4-5 minutes.
How to make air fryer frozen carrots
Cooking frozen vegetables in the air fryer is super easy and there is no oil required.
Pour the frozen carrots in the basket, try to spread them out into a single layer. If you put too many they won’t cook evenly.
Cook at 370 degrees F for about 15 minutes. Be sure to give them a shake halfway through cooking.
Are air fryer carrots healthy?
Yes, these roasted carrots are full of vitamins and fiber and cooking them makes it easier for your body to absorb the nutrients.
If you are concerned about fat, you can omit the olive oil completely or substitute with coconut or avocado oil.
Can you air fry frozen vegetables?
Yes, you can air fryer frozen vegetables and frozen carrots. Cook for the same amount of time, about a total of 18 minutes.
More easy air fryer recipes
- Air fryer baked potatoes – Crispy skins with tender, fluffy middle.
- Air fryer mushrooms – Roasted mushrooms with garlic.
- Air fryer corn on the cob – Easy to make corn on the cob.
- Air fryer cabbage – Cabbage steaks or wedges roasted in the air fryer.
- Air fryer asparagus – Tender crisp, roasted asparagus.
- Air fryer apple chips – Cinnamon apple chips.
*** If you made this recipe, feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Feel free to join our new Easy Air Fryer Recipes Facebook Group to find more recipes and share what you are making.
Air Fryer Carrots
- 2 lbs carrots, cleaned, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon course salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Wash carrots, peel skin and cut into 2-inch pieces. If the pieces are thick, cut in half.
- Place prepared carrots in a bowl and add olive oil and seasonings. Toss to completely coat carrots. Pour carrots in air fryer basket and cook at 390 degrees F for 8 minutes. Toss or shake carrots and cook for another 5-6 minutes or until roasted.
- Serve warm.