Air Fryer chicken breast are quick and easy to make. Perfect for a simple dinner or meal prep.
My Air Fryer has quickly become one of my favorite kitchen appliances! It makes cooking so quick and requires very little oil for perfect for making chicken like air fryer chicken legs, air fryer chicken thighs and air fryer whole chicken.
I seem to always have a pack of boneless, skinless chicken breast in my refrigerator. It’s so versatile and can be used for many different dishes.
The air fryer has made cooking it super fast and easy. I often make extra to use for meal prep for the week like with these Jamaican jerk bowls.
Why this works
- Speed – This air fryer chicken breast with no breading cooks faster in the air fryer than in the oven.
- Easy – A few spices and oil and you have the perfect protein for dinner.
- Meal Prep – Can be used for variety of meals and meal prep.
Chicken Breast – I like using chicken cutlets. You can use larger chicken breasts but might need to increase the cook time accordingly.
Olive Oil – Used to coat the chicken and helps bind the seasoning.
How to make chicken breast in air fryer
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, instructions and video
There are many variations you can use to make chicken breast in the Air Fryer. For this recipe I am using one of my favorite chicken seasoning recipes.
- Prepare: Brush chicken breasts with olive oil and then sprinkle and rub seasoning over top and bottom.
- Spritz the Air Fryer basket with olive oil. Place chicken in the basket.
- Cook: Cook at 370 degrees for 8 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook for another 8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees F. *** Make sure not to leave the chicken in the air fryer after it’s done cooking because the heat in the fryer will keep cooking it.
How long to cook chicken breast in air fryer?
This will depend on the weight of the chicken. The larger they are, the longer you need to cook. Be sure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
6 oz = 370 degrees for 10-12 minutes
8 oz = 370 degrees for about 15 minutes
10 oz = 370 degrees for about 17-20 minutes
Tips for Delicious Chicken Breast
- I like using chicken cutlets when cooking in the Air Fryer. This cuts down on cook time. If you have larger chicken breasts you can slice them in half or pound them a little thinner with a meat mallet.
- Don’t over crowd the Air Fryer basket. I usually recommend cooking 2 chicken breasts at a time.
- Let chicken rest for 3-4 minutes before slicing.
This basic chicken breast recipe in the air fryer can be used with many different marinades or even as simple as oil, salt and pepper.
If you want something like BBQ chicken, I recommend cooking with oil, salt and pepper and then adding the sauce once it’s finished cooking.
What to serve with air fryer chicken breast?
- Serve with a side dish. This chicken has a great flavor and can be served with many different side dishes like ranch mashed potatoes or Waldorf salad.
- Serve it on top of a salad. Load up a bowl with your favorite salad fixins and top with this sliced chicken.
- Serve with pasta. Use this chicken to top your favorite pasta dish like buffalo chicken pasta, green pasta, garlic butter sauce, or cream cheese pasta.
- In a wrap. I love adding this chicken in a tortilla with lettuce, cucumber and tomato for a wrap or this buffalo chicken wrap.
Can you cook frozen chicken breast in air fryer?
Yes! If you cook from frozen typically add 6-10 minutes to the cooking time.
Can you stack chicken breast in air fryer?
When cooking chicken breasts you want to have them in one layer and not stack them. The air fryer cooks by circulating air around the food so you do not want to stack the breasts.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos – One of the easiest 3 ingredient recipes.
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala – Flavorful and can be made quickly in pressure cooker.
- Grilled Chicken Bacon Melt – Chicken with melted cheese and bacon.
- Baked Chicken Breast – How to bake chicken in the oven.
*** If you have made this recipe please leave a comment and star rating.
Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- 1 lb chicken breasts 1 - 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chicken seasoning
- Optional: Or 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper instead of chicken seasoning
- Brush olive oil over top and bottom of chicken breasts. Sprinkle both sides with chicken seasoning.
- Spritze the air fryer basket with olive oil. Set for 370 degrees and cook for 8 minutes on one side, flip chicken over and cook additional 8 minutes.
- Let the chicken rest 3-4 minutes before slicing.