Air Fryer chicken breast marinated with lemon and garlic is perfect served for dinner or on top of pasta or salad.
This Air Fryer chicken breast couldn’t be easier. It can be used for a variety of different meals.
My Air Fryer has quickly become one of my favorite kitchen appliances! It makes cooking so quick and requires very little oil for perfectly crispy food like this roasted broccoli and roasted potatoes.
How to make Chicken Breast in Air Fryer
There are many variations you can use to make chicken breast in the Air Fryer. For this recipe I am using one of my favorite chicken lemon and garlic marinade.
- Prepare marinade by combining honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, olive oil and Dijon mustard. Place chicken breasts in a resealable bag or container and pour marinade over them. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Spray the Air Fryer basket with non-stick spray. Place chicken in the basket.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 7 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook for another 5 minutes.
Tips for Delicious Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- I like using chicken cutlets when cooking in the Air Fryer. This cuts down on cook time. If you have larger chicken breasts you can slice them in half or pound them a little thinner with a meat mallet.
- Don’t over crowd the Air Fryer basket. I usually recommend cooking 2 chicken breasts at a time.
- Let chicken rest for 3-4 minutes before slicing.
For a twist, I like substituting the lemon juice for orange juice. It gives the chicken a slightly sweeter taste. This basic chicken breast recipe in the air fryer can be used with many different marinades or even as simple as oil, salt and pepper.
What to do with Marinated Chicken
- Serve with a side dish. This chicken has a great flavor and can be served with many different side dishes like ranch mashed potatoes or Waldorf salad.
- Serve it on top of a salad. Load up a bowl with your favorite salad fixins and top with this sliced chicken.
- Serve with pasta. Use this chicken to top your favorite pasta dish.
- In a wrap. I love adding this chicken in a tortilla with lettuce, cucumber and tomato for a wrap.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- 1 lb chicken cutlets
- 1 clove minced garlic
- lemon zest
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Mix together olive oil, honey, Dijon mustard, garlic, lemon zest. Place chicken in a resealable bag or container and pour marinade over chicken. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Spray air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. Set for 390 degrees and cook for 7 minutes on one side, flip chicken over and cook additional 5 minutes.
- Let the chicken rest 3-4 minutes before slicing.