Air Fryer Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
Aug 24, 2020, Updated May 18, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Air fryer chicken breast is a quick and easy meal to make. Perfect for a simple dinner or meal prep.
My air fryer has quickly become one of my favorite kitchen appliances! It makes cooking so quick and requires very little oil which is perfect for cooking chicken like air fryer chicken legs, air fryer chicken thighs, and a whole chicken.
I seem to always have a pack of boneless, skinless chicken breast in my refrigerator. It’s so versatile and can be used for many different dishes.
The air fryer has made cooking chicken super fast and easy. I often make extra to use for meal prep for the week like in these Jamaican jerk bowls.
Why these Air Fryer Chicken Breasts work
- Speed – This air fryer chicken breast with no breading cooks faster in the air fryer than in the oven.
- Easy – A few spices, oil and you have the perfect protein for dinner.
- Meal prep – Can be used for a variety of meals and meal prep.
Boneless Chicken Breast in Air Fryer ingredients
- Chicken breast – I like using chicken cutlets. You can use larger chicken breasts but you might need to increase the cook time.
- Olive oil – Used to coat the chicken and helps bind the seasonings.
- Chicken seasoning – A homemade blend of seasoning that add so much flavor. You could also substitute with salt and black pepper, Jamaican jerk seasoning, Italian seasoning, or your favorite seasoning blend.
Chicken Breast in the Air Fryer Variations
This basic chicken breast recipe in the air fryer can be used with many different marinades or even as simple as oil, salt, and pepper.
If you want something like BBQ chicken, I recommend cooking with oil, salt, pepper, and then adding the sauce once it’s finished cooking.
How to cook Chicken Breast in Air Fryer
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, instructions and video
There are many variations you can use to make chicken breast in the air fryer. For this recipe I am using one of my favorite chicken seasoning recipes.
- Prepare: Brush chicken breasts with olive oil and then sprinkle and rub the seasoning mixture over top and the bottom of the chicken.
- Spritz the air fryer basket with olive oil. Place chicken in the basket.
- Cook: Cook at 370 degrees for 8 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook for another 8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees F. Make sure not to leave the chicken in the air fryer after it’s done cooking because the heat in the fryer will keep cooking it.
How long to cook chicken breast in air fryer?
This will depend on the weight and size of your chicken breasts. The larger they are, the longer you will need to cook them. Be sure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. You can check the temperature with a meat thermometer.
6 oz = 370 degrees for 10-12 minutes
8 oz = 370 degrees for about 15 minutes
10 oz = 370 degrees for about 17-20 minutes
Tips for Delicious Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- I like using chicken cutlets when cooking in the air fryer. This cuts down on cook time. If you have larger chicken breasts you can slice them in half or pound them a little thinner with a meat mallet.
- Don’t over crowd the air fryer basket. I usually recommend cooking 2 chicken breasts at a time.
- Let chicken rest for 3-4 minutes before slicing.
What to serve with air fryer chicken breast?
- Serve with a side dish. This chicken has a great flavor and can be served with many different sides like roasted potatoes, stuffing, and mac and cheese.
- Serve it on top of salad. Load up a bowl with your favorite salad fixins and top with sliced chicken
- Serve with pasta. Use this chicken to top your favorite pasta dish like buffalo chicken pasta, green pasta, or cream cheese pasta.
- In a wrap. I love adding this chicken in a tortilla with lettuce, cucumber, and tomato for a wrap or this buffalo chicken wrap.
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Air Fryer FAQs
Yes! If you cook from frozen you will need to add 6-10 minutes to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
When cooking chicken breasts you want to have them in one single layer and not stack them. The air fryer cooks by circulating hot air around the food so you do not want to stack the chicken.
Yes, you can put raw chicken in the air fryer. Make sure to cook it until the internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees F.
How to store Air Fryer Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
Store: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Make sure to let the chicken cool before storing.
Freeze: Freeze leftovers in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Crockpot chicken tacos – Easy three ingredient recipes.
- Boiled chicken thighs – An easy way to cook thighs.
- Baked chicken breast – Learn how to bake chicken in the oven.
- Air fryer chicken tenders – Easy to make chicken tenders.
*** If you have made this air fryer chicken breast recipe please leave a comment and star rating.
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts (Boneless & Skinless)
- 1 lb chicken breasts 1 – 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chicken seasoning
- Optional: Or 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper instead of chicken seasoning
- Brush olive oil over top and bottom of chicken breasts. Sprinkle both sides with chicken seasoning.
- Spritze the air fryer basket with olive oil. Set for 370 degrees and cook for 8 minutes on one side, flip chicken over and cook additional 8 minutes.
- Let the chicken rest 3-4 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.