Air Fryer chicken breast marinated with lemon and garlic is perfect served for dinner or on top of pasta or salad.
My Air Fryer has quickly become one of my favorite kitchen appliances! It makes cooking so quick and requires very little oil for perfectly crispy food like this roasted broccoli and roasted potatoes.
Why this works
- Speed – This chicken cooks faster in the air fryer than in the oven.
- Easy – A few spices and oil and you have the perfect protein for dinner.
- Meal Prep – Can be used for variety of meals and meal prep.
Chicken Breast – I like using chicken cutlets. You can use larger chicken breasts but might need to increase the cook time accordingly.
Marinade – Garlic, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, honey and Dijon mustard.
How to make Chicken Breast in Air Fryer
There are many variations you can use to make chicken breast in the Air Fryer. For this recipe I am using one of my favorite chicken lemon and garlic marinade.
- Prepare marinade by combining honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, olive oil and Dijon mustard. Place chicken breasts in a resealable bag or container and pour marinade over them. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Spray the Air Fryer basket with non-stick spray. Place chicken in the basket.
- Cook at 390 degrees for 7 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook for another 5 minutes.
How long to cook chicken breast in air fryer?
This will depend on the weight of the chicken. The larger they are, the longer you need to cook. Be sure the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
6 oz = 390 degrees for 10-12 minutes
8 oz = 390 degrees for about 15 minutes
10 oz = 390 degrees for about 17-20 minutes
Tips for Delicious Chicken Breast
- I like using chicken cutlets when cooking in the Air Fryer. This cuts down on cook time. If you have larger chicken breasts you can slice them in half or pound them a little thinner with a meat mallet.
- Don’t over crowd the Air Fryer basket. I usually recommend cooking 2 chicken breasts at a time.
- Let chicken rest for 3-4 minutes before slicing.
For a twist, I like substituting the lemon juice for orange juice. It gives the chicken a slightly sweeter taste. This basic chicken breast recipe in the air fryer can be used with many different marinades or even as simple as oil, salt and pepper.
What to serve with air fryer chicken breast?
- Serve with a side dish. This chicken has a great flavor and can be served with many different side dishes like ranch mashed potatoes or Waldorf salad.
- Serve it on top of a salad. Load up a bowl with your favorite salad fixins and top with this sliced chicken.
- Serve with pasta. Use this chicken to top your favorite pasta dish.
- In a wrap. I love adding this chicken in a tortilla with lettuce, cucumber and tomato for a wrap.
Can you cook frozen chicken breast in air fryer?
Yes! If you cook from frozen typically add 6-10 minutes to the cooking time.
Can you stack chicken breast in air fryer?
When cooking chicken breasts you want to have them in one layer and not stack them. The air fryer cooks by circulating air around the food so you do not want to stack the breasts.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos – One of the easiest 3 ingredient recipes.
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala – Flavorful and can be made quickly in pressure cooker.
- Grilled Chicken Bacon Melt – Chicken with melted cheese and bacon.
- Baked Chicken Breast – How to bake chicken in the oven.
*** If you have made this recipe please leave a comment and star rating.
Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- 1 lb chicken cutlets
- 1 clove minced garlic
- lemon zest
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Mix together olive oil, honey, Dijon mustard, garlic, lemon zest. Place chicken in a resealable bag or container and pour marinade over chicken. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Spray air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. Set for 390 degrees and cook for 7 minutes on one side, flip chicken over and cook additional 5 minutes.
- Let the chicken rest 3-4 minutes before slicing.