Air fryer sausage cooks quick and is an easy recipe that requires little clean-up. Use your favorite brat or Italian sausage for a delicious meal.
Sausage is very versatile and can be served with vegetables, pasta, in a bun and more. It can also be cooked with vegetables and shrimp like in the air fryer shrimp and sausage meal.
These machines are also very user friendly, even my kids love cooking with air fryers.
Why making Sausage in the Air Fryer works
- Sausage in the air fryer is an easy meal and main dish that goes well with many side dishes. Crisp on the outside and tender and juice on the inside.
- Cooks up fast and browns evenly. It’s basically a hands-free way to cook sausage and it turns out perfect every time. I love that you don’t have to stand at the stove to watch and flip them.
- Great for people following Keto and low-carb lifestyles.
- Great to use for meal prep for the week.
What you’ll need to Air Fry Sausage
All you need is a package of uncooked sausage. No need for extra oil or seasonings.
- Sausage: We used Italian sausage but this method works for different types of sausage like polish sausage, chicken sausage, turkey sausage, brats, and breakfast sausage.
What air fryer to use?
If you don’t have an air fryer yet, there are several wonderful models available.
How to cook Sausage in Air Fryer
Scroll to the bottom for full, printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Cook: Place sausages in the air fryer basket, being sure not to stack them. Make sure they are in a single layer and not touching. Cook at 380 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. I like to check them around the 10 minute mark and then add a few extra minutes of cook time if needed. (I like to flip my sausages over half way through cooking to achieve nice, even browning.)
How long to cook sausage in the air fryer
The cook time may vary depending on the type of sausage being cooked. Sausage links will typically take about 10-12 minutes of cook time. Thicker sausages could take 12-15 minutes.
Raw sausage patties will take about 8-10 minutes of cook time.
Tips for Cooking Sausage in Air Fryer
- Some sausages contain a high amount of fat which might cause your machine to smoke when it drips. I like to add 1-2 tablespoon of water to the bottom of the air fryer basket to help prevent smoke.
- Perforated parchment paper can also help with this and makes clean-up even easier because it soaks up a lot of the grease.
- Make sure to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the sausage reaches at least 160 degrees F. The thickness of the sausage can effect the total cook time.
- You can also pre-slice the sausage into rounds and cook for approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Each air fryer model cooks a little different so check on the sausages around the 9-10 minute mark and add time as needed to achieve the right internal temperature.
How to store Air Fryer Sausage Links
Store any leftover sausage in an airtight container. You can reheat them in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 3-4 minutes.
Sausage in Air Fryer FAQs
Using a Cosori air fryer, we cooked the sausage at 380 degrees F. The cook time is about 10-12 minutes total depending on the size of the sausages. Mine were done right at the 10 minutes mark.
Serving Air Fryer Sausage
Sausages pair well with a variety of dishes. For something easy, I like to use sliced bell peppers and onions and cook them alongside the sausages in the air fryer. Here are a few other suggestions:
Sausage in Air Fryer FAQs
Cooking sausage in the air fryer is easy, fast and has minimal cleanup.
Sausage will cook in approximately 10 minutes using the air fryer method.
You can cook all types of sausage like sweet Italian sausage, sausage patties, link sausage, even frozen sausage patties.
Yes, you can heat up fully- cooked sausage in the air fryer.
More easy air fryer recipes
- Air fryer hamburgers – These hamburgers cook up quick and juicy.
- Air fryer chicken thighs – Seasoned chicken thighs made in the air fryer.
- Air fryer chicken legs – Easy, chicken legs with crispy skin.
- Air fryer whole chicken – Cook a whole chicken in the air fryer.
- Air fryer pork loin – Seasoned pork loin cooked to perfection.
- Air fryer chicken breast – This easy air fryer chicken breast is a staple on our weekly menu.
Sausage in Air Fryer
- 5 sausages Italian sausage, Brats or breakfast sausage
- Place sausages in air fryer basket.
- Cook at 380 degrees F for approximately 10 minutes. (Flip sausages over half way through cooking time.)