Air fryer sausage cooks quick, easy and requires little clean-up. Use your favorite brat or Italian sausage for a delicious meal.
Sausage is very versatile and can be served with vegetables, pasta, in a bun and more. It can also be cooked with vegetables and shrimp like in this air fryer shrimp and sausage meal.
Air frying has quickly become one of my favorite cooking methods. Everything cooks up fast and always tastes fantastic.
These machines are also very user friendly, even my kids love cooking with it.
Why this recipe works
- Sausage in the air fryer is an easy, main dish that goes well with many sides.
- Cooks up fast and brown evenly.
- Great for people following Keto, and low-carb lifestyles.
- Great to use for meal prep for the week.
All you need is a package of uncooked sausage. No need for extra oil or seasonings.
Sausage: We used Italian sausage but chicken sausage, brats and breakfast sausage can also be cooked in the air fryer.
How to cook sausage in the air fryer
Scroll to the bottom for full, printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Cook: Place sausages in air fryer basket being sure not to stack them. Cook at 380 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. I like to check them around the 10 minute mark and then add additional time if needed. *** I like to flip mine over half way through cooking to achieve nice, even browning.
What temperature do you cook sausage in the air fryer?
Using a Cosori air fryer, we cooked the sausage at 380 degrees F. They will take about 10-12 minutes total cooking time depending on size. Mine were done right at the 10 minute mark.
- Some sausages contain a high amount of fat which might cause your machine to smoke when it drips. I like to add 1-2 tablespoons of water to the bottom of the fryer basket to help prevent the smoke.
- Perferated parchment paper can also help with this and make clean-up even easier because it soaks up a lot of the grease.
- Make sure the internal temperature of the sausages reaches at least 160 degrees F.
- You can also pre-slice the sausage into rounds and cook for approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Each air fryer model cooks a little different so check on the sausages around the 9 to 10 minute mark and add time as needed to achieve the right temperature.
What air fryer to use?
If you don’t have an air fryer yet, there are several wonderful models available.
What to serve with sausage?
These pair well with a variety of dishes. For something easy, I like to slice up peppers and onions and cook them alongside the sausages in the air fryer.
Here are a few other side dish suggestions:
More easy air fryer recipes
- Air fryer hamburgers – These hamburgers cook up quick and juicy.
- Air fryer chicken thighs – Seasoned chicken thighs made in the air fryer.
- Air fryer chicken legs – Easy, chicken legs with crispy skin.
- Air fryer rotisserie chicken – Make your own grocery store style rotisserie chicken.
- Air fryer pork loin – Seasoned pork loin cooked to perfection.
- ***If you made this recipe, please feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Air Fryer Sausage
- 5 sausages Italian sausage, Brats or breakfast sausage
- Place sausages in air fryer basket.
- Cook at 380 degrees F for approximately 10 minutes. (Flip sausages over half way through cooking time.)