Cranberry jalapeno dip is sure to become a favorite appetizer at parties and gatherings. A delicious mix of tart cranberries, spicy jalapeno and sweetness with sugar.
We also love this cranberry cheesecake dip for a delicious dessert.
Cranberries are such a wonderful thing to have on hand during the holiday season. They have a beautiful deep red color, taste delicious and can be used in so many different recipes like cranberry mocktail, cranberry upside down cake, and cranberry dump cake.
Why you will love this dip
- Creamy, crunchy texture, with a sweet and tart taste. This cranberry jalapeno cream cheese dip recipe is bursting with flavor and texture.
- Not only is this appetizer delicious, it’s also beautiful! The red cranberries mixed with green jalapenos and cilantro make this perfect for a holiday table.
Whole cranberries – One regular size bag of whole, fresh cranberries work well.
Jalapeno peppers – This adds a nice heat that complements to the sweetness of the dish.
Cream cheese – You will need 2, 8 oz blocks of cream cheese, softened.
Sugar – Brings out the sweetness of the cranberries. For this recipe I used 1/2 cup sugar, if you prefer extra sweetness you can use 3/4 cup sugar.
Cilantro – This is an optional ingredient.
Chili powder – Adds a hint of spice that leaves people asking for the secret ingredient.
How to make cranberry jalapeno dip
Scroll down to watch video and get the full, printable recipe and ingredients.
- Chop: Chop cranberries with with a food processor, blender with a few pulses or chop with a knife. Make sure not to chop them so much that they liquify.
- Mix: Stir together chopped cranberries, chopped jalapenos, green onion, cilantro, sugar, lemon juice and chili powder to make a cranberry jalapeno relish. Cover the mixture and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours up to overnight. This helps let the flavors come together.
- Assemble: When ready to make, whip the softened cream cheese with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer. Spread on the bottom of a serving dish like a 9-inch pie plate. Spread the cranberry mixture on top of the cream cheese.
- Serve: Serve or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- If you would like more heat, feel free to add another jalapeno. Also, if you prefer no heat, you can omit the jalapeno pepper and replace with a small green bell pepper.
- Make sure to let the cream cheese soften to room temperature to help get a nice, creamy consistency.
- If you make this ahead of time, store in the refrigerator and then take out about 30 minutes before serving to let the cream cheese soften a little.
- To avoid getting the cream cheese too soggy, use a slotted spoon to scoop up cranberry mixture when topping the cream cheese.
- If you are traveling with this, you can package the cranberry mixture separate and top the cream cheese once ready to serve.
How to serve cranberry jalapeno dip recipe
This dip can be served with a variety of crackers, vegetables, toast, even a vanilla wafer cookie.
We have also used this dip on turkey sandwiches, and on top of a toasted bagel for breakfast yum!
How to store
Store this cream cheese dip covered in the refrigerator. You can cover with plastic wrap or a lid. The sugar in this dip brings out the juice in the cranberries so it can start to become a little soggy after 2-3 days.
Are cranberries nutritious?
Cranberries are sometimes referred to as a superfood because of all their health benefits. According to WebMd, they are high in antioxidants, vitamins and they may help with gut health, eye sight and more.
More delicious dip recipes
- Crack dip – Creamy dip with ranch seasoning, bacon and cheese.
- Chipped beef dip – Chopped chipped beef mixed with cream cheese, spices and green onion.
- Caramel apple dip – A delicious dessert dip with a sweet cream cheese base and topped with caramel.
- Knorr dip – A classic dip made with Knorr vegetable mix.
- French onion dip – Homemade French onion dip perfect for veggies, chips and crackers.
Made this cranberry dip recipe? Feel free to leave a comment and star rating below to let us know how it turned out.
Cranberry Jalapeno Dip
- 1 12 oz bag whole fresh cranberries
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder optional for added flavor
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- Chop cranberries in a food processor or blender, making sure not to chop too much that they liquify. You can also chop the cranberries with a knife.
- Place chopped cranberries in a large bowl. Stir in sugar, chili powder, jalapenos, green onion, cilantro, and lemon juice. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- When ready to make, whip cream cheese with an electric mixer. Spread the cream cheese in a 9-inch pie plate or serving dish. Top with the cranberry mixture.
- Serve or cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.