This Cucumber Avocado dip is cool, creamy and refreshing. Similar to a guacamole style dip with avocados, cucumber, peppers and onions.
When the weather warms up I love to serve easy to make, cool dips to family and friends like pico de gallo, french onion dip and this cucumber dip.
We brought this dip to a party recently and everyone immediately asked for the recipe. Its cool, crunchy, creamy and packed with flavor.
If you want something a little different than guacamole, this is a great recipe to try.
What you need
English cucumber – I prefer using this type of cucumber because there are less seeds.
Bell Pepper – Use a red, yellow or orange bell pepper.
Red Onion – Adds color and a little crunch. You could substitute with diced green onions.
Avocado – Use 1-2 ripe avocados for this recipe.
Sour cream – The creamy base to this dip. You could also substitute Greek yogurt.
Parsley – Adds freshness to this dip.
How to make
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Chop – Get all of your ingredients chopped and prepped. Make sure to cut everything so it is bite sized and can fit on a chip.
- Mix – Place diced avocado in a bowl. Pour lemon juice over to help prevent browning. Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve or store covered in refrigerator.
Here are a few ingredients that could be added in for a little change:
- Minced jalapeno – If you like a little heat try adding 1 tablespoon of this spicy pepper.
- Diced tomatoes – I have added these and they add another layer of flavor and texture.
- Shrimp – Make this a full meal and add in some chopped shrimp.
- Shredded chicken – This makes a great chicken salad.
What to serve with cucumber avocado dip?
I love this with tortilla chips, crackers, vegetables or toast.
How long will it last?
Because this dip has avocados, it will last 1-2 days covered in the refrigerator.
More delicious dips
- Sausage and beer cheese dip – One of the most popular recipes on this site. Sausage mixed with hot beer cheese.
- Shrimp dip – A warm dip that tastes just like shrimp scampi.
- Chipped Beef dip – Another popular recipe. Creamy dip filled with chipped beef and onion.
- Jalapeno Popper dip – Served warm with diced jalapenos and sausage.
***If you tried this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and rating below.
Cucumber Avocado Dip
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1-2 avocado, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add diced avocado in medium bowl. Pour lemon juice over diced avocado. Stir in cucumber, pepper, onion, sour cream, parsley and salt.
- Serve or refrigerate.
My son who previously only had tortilla chips with the fakey nacho cheeze from a can (ugh) LOVED this dip. Teenage son approved!! I love it too. Thanks for this easy to make recipe.
Such a prefect dip to make, great way to use up some cucumbers! We loved it!
This dip looks so tasty! Saving this recipe for summer get togethers!