Chipped Beef Cheese Ball with green pepper and onions. A delicious, creamy appetizer for a party. Serve with crackers, bread or vegetables for the perfect party food.
This chipped beef cheese ball is something my parents would make during the holidays when we had family visit. It’s a great appetizer for entertaining-creamy, crunchy and so delicious! Would be a great addition to a cheese board or paired with a blushing mimosa.
There are so many wonderful cheese ball recipes like this pimento cheese ball. This chipped beef cheese ball recipe version is one of my favorites.
Ingredients Needed: cream cheese, green pepper, green onion, chipped beef, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and seasoned salt.
What is chipped beef
Chipped beef is pressed, salted and dried beef that has been sliced very thin. You can find chipped beef in the refrigerated section of the grocery store, usually by deli meats.
How to make a chipped beef cheese ball
- Add chopped chipped beef, cream cheese, green pepper, green onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and seasoned salt to a bowl.
- Mix all of the ingredients together until well combined.
- Place the mixture on a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a ball.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Tips for making a cheese ball
- A big tip with using cream cheese is to allow it to softened. It makes it SO much easier to mix together with the other ingredients.
- Make sure to dice your ingredients pretty small so they are easy to eat.
- Take out of the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving to allow to soften.
- If you would like to add a little more color and crunch to the cheese ball, roll in chopped nuts before serving.
What to serve with a cheese ball:
Crackers, cut up vegetables or little pieces or toasted bread are good options. I have also used this mixture to stuff in mushrooms.
How long does a cheese ball last?
If you store in an air tight container in the refrigerator, this cheese ball will stay good for about a week.
More delicious appetizers
This cheese ball recipe with dried beef is one of my favorite things to serve for a crowd.
*If you have made this recipe, be sure to give it a star rating below.
Chipped Beef Cheese ball
- 2 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 8 oz package of chipped beef, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place all ingredients into a medium bowl and mix together.
- Form mixture into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Unwrap and serve with cracker, vegetables, or sliced bread.