Banana Bread Muffins taste just like a loaf of your favorite banana bread. Made with ripe bananas, cinnamon and topped with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon crumble.
Muffins make the perfect on the go breakfast or quick snack. My kids would eat muffins all day long if they could. These banana bread muffins are by far our favorite. The perfect amount of sweetness and full of flavor.
If you are like me and have over-ripe bananas always laying around, this recipe is the perfect way to use them up. Stir all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and then mix together the sugar, mashed banana, egg, vanilla and butter. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and fill muffin cups about 1/2 way. Top with a crumble of butter, cinnamon, flour and brown sugar. Yum!
Can you freeze muffins?
Yes! To freeze baked muffins, let them cool completely. Place them on a baking sheet and freeze for 1-2 hours. When they are completely frozen, place them in a freezer safe bag. They will stay good for about 2 months in the freezer. To reheat, microwave for about 20 seconds.
Tips for Banana Bread Muffins:
- Make 2 batches! They go fast and you can freeze them.
- Use the back of a fork or a potato masher to easily mash bananas.
- If you love chocolate, add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the batter.
- Want additional protein, add 1/2 cup chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans to the batter.
- To make mini muffins, bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Don’t have ripe bananas? Place them in a brown paper bag and close loosely. They should start to ripen in a day.
More Breakfast Recipes:
- Freezer Smoothie Packs
- Zucchini Bread
- Sausage, Egg, Cheese Monkey Bread
- Quinoa Sausage Egg Muffin Cups
- Carrot Cake Pancakes
Banana Bread Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- With an electric mixer, mix together mashed banana, egg, sugar, butter and vanilla. Slowly add in dry ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins filling about each tin about 1/2 way.
- In a small bowl add flour, cinnamon, brown sugar and butter for the topping. Use a fork to mix together until it forms into crumbles. Sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let the muffins cool in tin for 10 minutes before removing and place on wire cooking rack.