Easy Bagel Dip Recipe
Nov 02, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy bagel dip recipe can be made with just 5 simple ingredients and prepared in about 5 minutes. It’s the perfect appetizer to serve when you are short on time but want something that will deliver on flavor.
Need a delicious dip for your next brunch or a party dip your guests will love? Everything bagel dip is jam packed with flavor, using only 5 ingredients.
Table of Contents
What you’ll need
- Cream cheese – You can use full fat or low-fat cream cheese. Make sure it’s softened.
- Sour cream – Sour cream or you can substitute with plain Greek yogurt.
- Everything bagel seasoning – This can be found in the spice aisle at the grocery store or you can make your own. *See below for homemade seasoning mix.
- Garlic powder – This adds a little more garlic flavor. Feel free to omit if you want to cut down on the garlic flavor.
- Green onion – Diced green onion adds color and texture.
How to make bagel dip
Step one: Mix together the cream cheese and sour cream in a large bowl. I like using an electric mixer to make sure the dip is nice and creamy.
Step two: Add in the garlic powder and everything bagel seasoning to the cream cheese mixture. Mix to combine the seasonings.
Step three: Stir in the diced green onion. Serve or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
A few favorite things we like serving with this dip include pieces of bagels, baguette, celery sticks, bell peppers, cucumbers, carrot sticks, crackers, bagel chips, and potato chips. The dip pairs well with many things so get creative.
I would recommend not leaving this dip out at room temperature for more than 2 hours. After that it’s best to cover or put in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Keep this dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. It does not freeze well.
Homemade everything bagel seasoning
Don’t have a jar of seasoning blend? You can easily make your own at home by mixing up these individual seasonings.
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
If you make this dip, let me know in the comments below.
More cream cheese dip recipes
- BLT dip recipe – A cream cheese base with bacon, lettuce, and tomato.
- Olive dip – If you like olives, you will enjoy this dip recipe.
- Knorr dip – A classic spinach dip, great for the holidays.
- Crack dip – Ranch, bacon, and cheese come together to make one of our most popular dip recipes.
Bagel Dip Recipe
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions, diced
- Mix together the cream cheese and sour cream in a large bowl. I like using an electric mixer to make sure the dip is nice and creamy.
- Add in the garlic powder and everything bagel seasoning. Mix to combine the seasonings.
- Stir in the diced green onion. Serve or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.