Mrs. Betty’s Best Zucchini Bread is one you won’t forget. She uses a secret ingredient to add moisture and flavor. This recipe is the best zucchini bread and is one for the recipe book!
We just got back from visiting my Mom in Virginia. I love going back to visit. The mountains are so beautiful this time of year and seeing my family is always so much fun. When we are back in Virginia, we always make a point to see one of my Mom’s best friends, Mrs. Betty. She has been almost like a grandmother to me not to mention an amazing cook.
As a special treat, Mrs. Betty brought us her famous zucchini bread. It is seriously the BEST zucchini bread I have every had and she was kind enough to share the recipe with me. The bread is filled with spices, zucchini, and a special ingredient, a box of lemon pudding. There is also a light sugar glaze that tops the bread, oh it is so good.
Ingredients Needed: flour, shredded zucchini, sugar, lemon pudding mix, eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and ginger.
How to make Zucchini Bread
- This recipe makes to loaves. Prepare to loaf pans by spraying with non-stick spray.
- Stir together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Using a stand mixer, mix eggs, vanilla, sugar and oil.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients until blended.
- Stir in zucchini and nuts.
- Pour half the batter in each loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and water for glaze. While bread is still warm, pour glaze of bread.
Tips for Zucchini Bread
- Make sure to dry the shredded zucchini with paper towels. If the zucchini has to much moisture the bread won’t bake correctly.
- To make it easier to remove the bread from the baking dish, line baking dish with parchment paper before spraying with cooking spray.
- To ensure the bread has completely baked, sick a toothpick in the center of the bread and make sure it comes out clean.
This zucchini bread recipe is a keeper, you will definitely want to PIN this one.
More Recipe You Might Enjoy
Mrs. Betty's Best Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups shredded zucchini pat dry with paper towel
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 small box instant lemon pudding
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts optional
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven 325 degrees F.
- Prepare 2 loaf pans by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl add flour,pudding mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and ginger.
- Mix together eggs, vanilla extract, sugar and oil in a stand mixer for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, mix as you add. Beat until combine.
- Stir in zucchini and nuts into batter.
- Pour half of the batter into each prepared pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until inserted toothpick into the center of bread comes out clean.
- Remove pans and cool on wire rack.
- Mix together powdered sugar and water in small bowl. While bread is still hot, pour the glaze on top of the zucchini bread.