Mrs. Betty’s Best Zucchini Bread is one you won’t forget. She uses a secret ingredient to add moisture and flavor. This recipe is the best zucchini bread and is one for the recipe book!
We just got back from visiting my Mom in Virginia before school starts. I love going back to visit. The mountains are so beautiful this time of year and seeing my family is always so much fun. When we are back in Virginia, we always make a point to see one of my Mom’s best friends, Mrs. Betty. She has been almost like a grandmother to me not to mention an amazing cook.
As a special treat, Mrs. Betty brought us her famous zucchini bread. It is seriously the BEST zucchini bread I have every had and she was kind enough to share the recipe with me. The bread is filled with spices, zucchini, and a special ingredient, a box of lemon pudding. There is also a light sugar glaze that tops the bread, oh it is so good.
This zucchini bread recipe is a keeper, you will definitely want to PIN this one.
Mrs. Betty's Best Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups shredded zucchini pat dry with paper towel
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 small box instant lemon pudding
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts optional
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven 325 degrees F.
- Prepare 2 loaf pans by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl add flour,pudding mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and ginger.
- Mix together eggs, vanilla extract, sugar and oil in a stand mixer for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, mix as you add. Beat until combine.
- Stir in zucchini and nuts into batter.
- Pour half of the batter into each prepared pan.
- Bake 45-60 minutes until inserted toothpick into the center of bread comes out clean.
- Remove pans and cool on wire rack.
- Mix together powdered sugar and water in small bowl. While bread is still hot, pour the glaze on top of the zucchini bread.