These beautiful, healthy yogurt parfaits take minutes to make. They are great for a healthy breakfast, snack and even dessert.
I like to make these parfaits and a batch of air fryer hard boiled eggs for an easy grab and go breakfast during the week.
If you need a quick and satisfying breakfast, or maybe a mid afternoon snack to curb your hunger until dinner, this yogurt parfait recipe is a winner.
Why you will love these fruit and yogurt parfaits
- Super fast to assemble. Can be made in 5 minutes.
- Make it your own. Choose your favorite fruit and granola to make these custom for you.
- Great for meal prep. These can be used for meals through the week. Just add the granola when ready to eat.
Yogurt – I am using plain Greek yogurt for this recipe but feel free to substitute vanilla, honey or even strawberry yogurt.
Granola – Use your favorite, I like the honey nut granola. You could also substitute with chopped nuts.
Mixed berries – We used peaches, strawberries and blueberries but again, feel free to use your favorite fruit. Other fruits to try:
- Blackberries or Raspberries
Honey – This is optional but really adds a lot of flavor.
How to make yogurt parfaits
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
These couldn’t be easier to assemble. They are also fun for the kids to help make for a kid-friendly, healthy breakfast.
- First layer: Add yogurt to the bottom of jar or glass.
- Second layer: Add granola on top of the yogurt.
- Third layer: Layer on mixed berries.
- Fourth layer: Drizzle with honey.
- Repeat: Repeat these layers finishing with honey.
Are yogurt parfaits healthy?
Yes, for the most part they are healthy. Plain and Greek yogurt are low in calories. If you choose a flavored yogurt it can add a few calories.
Also, the type of granola you choose can make a difference in fat and calories.
Can they be made ahead of time?
Yes, these parfaits can be made a day or two ahead of time. The key is to layer yogurt and fruit and then seal them in airtight container like a Mason jar. When ready to eat, add the granola.
What type of yogurt is best to use for parfaits?
You can use Greek, plain, flavored or your favorite dairy-free yogurt. I really enjoy Greek yogurt because it’s thick and creamy and has a little extra protein.
These parfaits are easily customizable. Just choose your favorite yogurt, “crunch” and berries. Here are a few ideas:
- Apple Pie – Layer yogurt, granola, diced apples honey and cinnamon.
- Peanut butter and banana – Mix peanut butter into the yogurt and layer sliced bananas and granola or peanuts.
- Peach chia – Stir in chia seeds with yogurt and layer diced peaches, granola and honey.
- Strawberry fields – Use strawberry flavored yogurt, diced strawberries, granola and a few mint or basil leaves to top it off.
- Tropical – Layer yogurt with diced pineapple, mango, shredded coconut and granola.
How to store
Store these yogurt parfaits in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I like to use jars with lids or you could cover a cup with plastic wrap.
Freeze – I would not recommend freezing these because they will come out watery once thawed.
- Does granola get soggy in yogurt? If you are making these to eat later, I would recommend not adding the granola until ready to eat. The granola will get soggy if left overnight.
- Frozen berries. You can use frozen berries, just be sure to let them thaw before adding to the parfait so the excess water doesn’t make it soggy.
More easy, healthy breakfast recipes
- Smoothie freezer packs – Make these smoothie packs ahead of time for a grab and go breakfast.
- Keto egg bowl – Low-carb egg bowl filled with protein and vegetables.
- Keto breakfast casserole – This casserole makes a great breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Banana oatmeal pancakes – Tastes like banana bread in pancake form.
**** If you made this recipe, feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt or your favorite yogurt
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1 cup diced mixed fresh berries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Spoon yogurt into bottom of jar or cup. Add layer of granola, berries and a drizzle of honey. Repeat layers and serve.
This looks amazing! Definitely will be making asap! I noticed it said fresh berries were used, what Is the orange fruit?
My teens would be all over this. Saving the idea for later this week. Also now I really want your amazing air fryer recipes book. Love my air fryer.
This is such a great looking yoghurt parfait, I love the layering of the different ingredients I bet it makes for a real delight to tuck into.
Parfaits are so good! I also love how pretty they look.
I love yogurt parfaits. It’s been such a long time since I’ve had one though. I need to make one. They look delicious.
There’s nothing better than a good breakfast parfait. This looks amazing.
I used to love those fruit and yogurt parfaits from Mcdonalds, but this one actually looks a lot better plus I love how easy it sounds to make!
Rose Ann Sales
This looks great and easy to make. I love fruits and these are one of my faves
Such a delicious, a healthy and an easy breakfast to make for myself. I love it and it makes my mouthwatering!
This Yogurt Parfait looks really helathy-licious! I can’t wait to let my wife have this.
These look so tasty. As you say perfect for a lovely summer breakfast and a great way to get some of your five a day in.
This is a perfect breakfast for me and for my husband. Its healthy too.
This looks flipping delicious! I would eat 3 of them! 🙂
Yes! Yogurt parfait is one of my favorite things to have for breakfast. I like to drizzle cashew butter on mine!
Yoghurt parfait are my absolute favourite, especially with the granola base. I have this for breakfast most days. It is makes a very healthy breakfast .
Looks super delicious! We will add this to our Sunday brunch!
That looks absolutely mouthwatering. I love yogurt parfaits like this. You can’t go wrong with a healthy dessert.
A treat bursting with fruit witha base of yogurt and granola looks amazing and I wish i had this for breakfast every day. I will use some of your ideas and my son loves yogurt and is on a healthy kick.
I love parfaits and I just made a batch of homemade granola last night. This looks like the perfect breakfast treat.