Jul 21, 2020, Updated Dec 14, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These beautiful, healthy yogurt parfaits take minutes to make. They are great for a healthy breakfast, snack and even dessert.
I like to make these parfaits and a batch of air fryer hard boiled eggs for an easy grab and go breakfast during the week.
If you need a quick and satisfying breakfast, or maybe a mid afternoon snack to curb your hunger until dinner, this yogurt parfait recipe is a winner.
Why you will love these fruit and yogurt parfaits
- Super fast to assemble. Can be made in 5 minutes.
- Make it your own. Choose your favorite fruit and granola to make these custom for you.
- Great for meal prep. These can be used for meals through the week. Just add the granola when ready to eat.
Yogurt – I am using plain Greek yogurt for this recipe but feel free to substitute vanilla, honey or even strawberry yogurt.
Granola – Use your favorite, I like the honey nut granola. You could also substitute with chopped nuts.
Mixed berries – We used peaches, strawberries and blueberries but again, feel free to use your favorite fruit. Other fruits to try:
- Blackberries or Raspberries
Honey – This is optional but really adds a lot of flavor.
How to make yogurt parfaits
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
These couldn’t be easier to assemble. They are also fun for the kids to help make for a kid-friendly, healthy breakfast.
- First layer: Add yogurt to the bottom of jar or glass.
- Second layer: Add granola on top of the yogurt.
- Third layer: Layer on mixed berries.
- Fourth layer: Drizzle with honey.
- Repeat: Repeat these layers finishing with honey.
Are yogurt parfaits healthy?
Yes, for the most part they are healthy. Plain and Greek yogurt are low in calories. If you choose a flavored yogurt it can add a few calories.
Also, the type of granola you choose can make a difference in fat and calories.
Can they be made ahead of time?
Yes, these parfaits can be made a day or two ahead of time. The key is to layer yogurt and fruit and then seal them in airtight container like a Mason jar. When ready to eat, add the granola.
What type of yogurt is best to use for parfaits?
You can use Greek, plain, flavored or your favorite dairy-free yogurt. I really enjoy Greek yogurt because it’s thick and creamy and has a little extra protein.
These parfaits are easily customizable. Just choose your favorite yogurt, “crunch” and berries. Here are a few ideas:
- Apple Pie – Layer yogurt, granola, diced apples honey and cinnamon.
- Peanut butter and banana – Mix peanut butter into the yogurt and layer sliced bananas and granola or peanuts.
- Peach chia – Stir in chia seeds with yogurt and layer diced peaches, granola and honey.
- Strawberry fields – Use strawberry flavored yogurt, diced strawberries, granola and a few mint or basil leaves to top it off.
- Tropical – Layer yogurt with diced pineapple, mango, shredded coconut and granola.
How to store
Store these yogurt parfaits in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I like to use jars with lids or you could cover a cup with plastic wrap.
Freeze – I would not recommend freezing these because they will come out watery once thawed.
- Does granola get soggy in yogurt? If you are making these to eat later, I would recommend not adding the granola until ready to eat. The granola will get soggy if left overnight.
- Frozen berries. You can use frozen berries, just be sure to let them thaw before adding to the parfait so the excess water doesn’t make it soggy.
More easy, healthy breakfast recipes
- Smoothie freezer packs – Make these smoothie packs ahead of time for a grab and go breakfast.
- Keto egg bowl – Low-carb egg bowl filled with protein and vegetables.
- Keto breakfast casserole – This casserole makes a great breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Banana oatmeal pancakes – Tastes like banana bread in pancake form.
**** If you made this recipe, feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt or your favorite yogurt
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1 cup diced mixed fresh berries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Spoon yogurt into bottom of jar or cup. Add layer of granola, berries and a drizzle of honey. Repeat layers and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.