This is the best cinnamon toast recipe cooked three different ways, oven, stove, and air fryer. Deliciously toasted bread with butter, sugar, and cinnamon.
We like serving a plate of this toast along with sausage pinwheels, scrambled eggs, and bacon for a delicious brunch.
You’ll Love Cinnamon Toast
Forget the toaster, we are sharing 3 ways to make the most perfect, delicious cinnamon toast! I know it’s just cinnamon toast, but seriously, this is some good stuff.
There is something about the combination of cinnamon and sugar that can’t be beat. This toast makes the perfect snack, dessert, even breakfast.
Cinnamon Toast Recipe Ingredients
- Bread – Use your favorite sliced bread like white, whole wheat bread, or even a sliced French or sourdough bread. I used a slice of plain white bread to really let the cinnamon and sugar shine.
- Butter – Make sure the unsalted butter is softened so that it’s easily spreadable.
- Sugar – Just plain, granulated sugar. I have also used brown sugar.
- Cinnamon – Ground cinnamon can be found in the spice aisle.
Cinnamon and Sugar Toast spread
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
The key to this tasty piece of toast is the spread. For this recipe the ratio you will use is 1 part cinnamon to 3 parts sugar. With this in mind, you can adjust the serving size.
- Mash: Place softened butter in a small bowl. Add sugar and cinnamon. Use a fork to mash it all together to make a cinnamon butter.
- Spread: Spread the cinnamon sugar butter mixture over the top of each slice of bread. Make sure to cover the whole topside, all the way out to the edges of the bread.
How to make cinnamon toast in the oven
I think making it in the oven is probably the most popular method.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the bread with butter spread up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- Bake for approximately 7-10 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Cinnamon Toast Bread on the Stove
- If you would like to use the stove method, start by heating a small skillet over medium heat. Place the butter spread side down to toast.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and the flip bread over and cook another 2 minutes to toast the bottom.
- For this method you could butter both sides of the bread for double the cinnamon sugar goodness.
Cinnamon Toast in the Air Fryer
I really enjoy cooking with the air fryer. Hot air circulates around the food so the bread gets nice and toasty.
- Place bread in air fryer basket, butter side up.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 4-5 minutes.
How to store Cinnamon and Sugar Toast
This is a recipe that is best eaten fresh but you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a day. Reheat in the oven or air fryer to restore the toast texture.
Cinnamon Sugar Toast FAQs
Cinnamon toast works best when made in the oven or air fryer.
Day old or older bread is best to use for toast. It’s best because it is usually sturdier than fresh bread.
More easy breakfast recipes
- Yogurt parfait – Layers of yogurt, granola, fruit, and honey.
- Cake mix waffles – Easy waffle mix.
- Sausage balls – A family favorite, sausage, cheese, and Bisquick.
- Air fryer bacon – Quick way to crisp up bacon.
Let me know if you made this recipe in the comments below.
Cinnamon Toast Bread
- 4 pieces bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the bread with butter spread up on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Place bread in air fryer basket, buttered side up. Cook at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Place the butter spread side down to toast. Cook for 3-4 minutes and then flip bread over and cook another 2 minutes to toast the bottom.
I haven’t had cinnamon toast in ages. This sounds delicious and I like all the variations!
I love everything cinnamon! This is definitely a must try recipe for the Sunday brunch!
This really takes me back a few years when I took the time to mix the cinnamon and sugar in softened butter. It’s the only way to go! Thanks for the memory jolt!!!
This looks delicious. I use to eat cinnamon toast as a child all the time. I remember when our school use to have it for breakfast. Now I must try this recipe out.
Too funny because I was just talking to the hubs about preparing him some cinnamon rolls. I might make this one instead. He loves anything with cinnamon big time. 🙂
I just got some air fryers I haven’t yet used. Maybe I can make this delicious cinnamon toast using them
Such a delicious quick recipe! My little one loved it!
I love cinnamon toast! Even now as a mom, my kids beg for it. This looks like a simpler and better recipe than I’m used to.
Jennifer Van Haitsma
This sounds so good. I’m pregnant and I was fantasizing about french toast earlier lol. I will have to try this!
I do not have an air fryer but the stove top directions seem very simple. I have to try this for the family the next time we have brunch.