Sausage, Egg and Cheese Monkey Bread is sure to be the hit of your next breakfast or brunch. Classic breakfast flavors combined into one delicious monkey bread.
The year is flying and I can’t believe that Easter is right around the corner. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining. I am so ready for the beautiful spring weather. The kids are ready too. They have been asking me to get their Easter baskets out so they can practice finding eggs around the house. They have had two trial runs hiding eggs inside and out in the yard. Bring on the Easter Bunny! 🙂
Easter is a big holiday in our family. My sister and I take turns hosting Easter brunch each year. We have 5 young kids between the two of us so instead of having a formal sit down meal, we opt for a buffet style brunch. This year it’s my turn to have everyone over. This dish is sure to be the star of the meal. It’s always a HUGE hit with everyone and super easy to make with only a few ingredients.
How to make
Scroll down for full printable recipe and ingredients.
Start by browning up a roll of sausage. I used the mild but the hot is wonderful if you like your food a little on the spicy side.
- Next scramble up 6 eggs to be included in the monkey bread and set them aside.
- Open one can of refrigerated biscuits and cut each biscuit into 6 pieces.
- Add them to a bowl filled with melted butter, sage and garlic powder.
- Mix the biscuits around in the butter to make sure every piece is coated. Next stir in sausage, eggs and cheese. I recommend using your hands to really get all of the ingredients mixed well.
- Place the mixture into a greased bundt pan and bake for 30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and then turn out on a serving plate. Top the monkey bread with fresh chives and serve.
I love pull-apart breads because there are so many different things you can do with them like this lemon pull-apart bread. If you have never tried savory pull-apart bread then stop everything and give this a try.
- Make sure to crumble your sausage so you don’t have big pieces throughout the monkey bread.
- Drain all of the extra grease from the sausage and pat it dry.
- Feel free to use your favorite cheese.
- French Toast Casserole in Instant Pot is sweet and tasty. One of my favorite things to make in the pressure cooker.
- Western Omelet Casserole is filled with eggs, cheese and veggies.
- Farmers Casserole is another great breakfast casserole. Filled with everything you might find on the farm.
- Sausage Pinwheels make a great brunch finger food.
***If you made this recipe, please feel free to leave a comment below.
Sausage Egg and Cheese Monkey Bread
- 1 can (16oz) refrigerated biscuits
- 1 1 lb Odom’s Tennessee Pride Country Sausage, cooked
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack and cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Grease bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook sausage until crumbled and browned. Drain excess grease.
- Scramble eggs and set aside.
- Cut each biscuit into 6 pieces. In a large bowl mix melted butter, sage and garlic powder.
- Add the biscuits into bowl and toss with butter until every biscuit piece is coated.
- Stir in sausage, eggs and cheese. Toss until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes. Loosed edges with knife and turn out on serving dish.