Frozen Sausage Patties in Air Fryer
Mar 02, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cooking frozen sausage patties in the air fryer is fast and easy. Sausage patties and sausage links can be cooked straight from frozen in the air fryer in about 10 minutes.
Table of Contents
- Why make breakfast sausage in air the fryer
- How to cook frozen sausage patties in the air fryer
- How to cook fresh sausage patties in the air fryer
- How to reheat breakfast sausage in the air fryer
- Do I need to add oil?
- What to serve with breakfast sausage
- More air fryer breakfast recipes
- Frozen Sausage Patties In The Air Fryer Recipe
Why make breakfast sausage in air the fryer
- So easy to make and easy cleanup. I love that you don’t have to worry about cleaning up a greasy mess. Place the patties in the basket, heat and eat.
- You can cook frozen sausage and you can also cook fresh, raw sausage in the air fryer with no problem.
- Great for a quick breakfast, lunch or dinner.
All you need is a package of frozen breakfast sausage. We have used Jimmy Dean, Banquet, Morningstar and the store brand with great success. You can also use the same instructions for frozen sausage links.
I would also recommend using a meat thermometer to check internal temperature so that you ensure your meat has cooked to 160 degrees F.
How to cook frozen sausage patties in the air fryer
Frozen sausage patties have already been pre-cooked but make sure they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F to make sure they are completely cooked.
- Place frozen sausage patties in the air fryer basket. Make sure not to stack them on each other. You want the hot air to be able to circulate around the sausage for even cooking.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Flip the sausage patties and cook another 3-4 minutes. You might want to add 2-3 extra minutes depending on how brown you like your sausage.
- Carefully remove from the basket and serve.
I cooked these these sausage patties in a Cosori air fryer with 5.8 quart basket.
How to cook fresh sausage patties in the air fryer
If you would like to cook fresh sausage patties, like Johnsonville or Jimmy Dean brand, follow these directions.
- Place raw sausage in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 380 degrees for 4 minutes and then flip the patties over and cook at 380 degrees for another 3-4 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Carefully remove and serve hot.
How to reheat breakfast sausage in the air fryer
Store any leftover in an airtight container or bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It’s easy to reheat the sausage in the air fryer. Place the patties or links back in the basket and cook at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes.
Do I need to add oil?
This is a frequent question, especially when it comes to air frying frozen foods. You do not need extra oil for frozen pork sausage because it already has enough fat.
If you are cooking turkey or vegetarian sausage, you might want to add a quick spray of olive oil to get the sausage to brown up since they are lower in fat. Adding oil is not necessary though.
What to serve with breakfast sausage
More air fryer breakfast recipes
- Air fryer hard boiled eggs
- Air fryer turkey bacon
- Air fryer frozen waffles
- Air fryer cinnamon rolls
- Air fryer hash browns
If you are looking for more air fryer recipes, tips and tricks, feel free to join our new Easy Air Fryer Facebook group.
Frozen Sausage Patties In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 4 – 6 frozen sausage patties
- Place frozen sausage patties or links in air fryer basket. Don't stack them on each other.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Flip the sausage patties and cook another 3-4 minutes. You might want to add 2-3 extra minutes depending on how brown you like your sausage. Make sure the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Carefully remove and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.