Cooking frozen waffles in the air fryer is a quick way to make a delicious and easy breakfast. Serve these perfectly cooked waffles with your favorite toppings like fruit, syrup or whipped cream.
Making waffles from scratch is always delicious, we even love making them with a cake mix. But sometimes when you are in the mood for a waffle and just don’t feel like gathering the ingredients and waffle iron, frozen waffles are a great option.
Why these are so good
- No preheating – No need to defrost the waffles or preheat your air fryer before cooking.
- Fast and easy – Frozen waffles have already been cooked so they heat up fast. These can be cooked in about 5 minutes with almost no clean-up.
- Cooks great – The air fryer cooks by circulating hot air around food. This method of cooking makes the waffles perfectly crunchy on the outside and soft and hot on the inside and helps prevent them from being soggy.
How to make air fryer frozen waffles
This method can be used for any frozen waffles, even mini waffles and Belgian waffles. In the video below I am using EGGO brand.
- Place the waffles in air fryer basket. Make sure you don’t stack them on top of each other. I can fit 3-4 in my 5.8 quart basket.
- Cook them at 350 degrees F for 3 minutes. Flip the waffles over and cook another 2-3 minutes. For thicker waffles, you might need to add an extra minute of cook time.
- Remove them from basket and serve.
- For the best tasting frozen waffles, try eating them soon after the box has been opened. They taste their best up to 3 months after the package has been opened.
- If you want to add extra butter taste, lightly spray the waffles after you have flipped them.
- If you are cooking thick waffles you might need to add an extra minute to your cook time.
How to reheat waffles in the air fryer
Made one too many? Reheating waffles is simple. Place the waffle in the basket and cook at 350 for 1-2 minutes.
Ways to eat
You can’t go wrong serving waffles with some delicious maple syrup and butter but here are a few other serving suggestions:
Toppings: Hazelnut spread, yogurt and berries, nut butter, fruit
Sandwich: Use 2 toasted waffles as “bread” and fill them with things like peanut butter and jelly, fried chicken, ham and cheese, eggs and bacon or turkey and tomato.
Dipper: After cooking, cut them into strips and use them to dip in syrup, honey, jelly, hazelnut spread and more.
More air fryer frozen food recipes
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Okra
- Air Fryer Frozen Pizza
- Air Fryer Frozen Pretzels
- Air Fryer Frozen Popcorn Shrimp
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
If you would like more air frying ideas, feel free to join our Easy Air Fryer Recipes community on Facebook.
Air Fryer Frozen Waffles
- 2-4 frozen waffles
- Place frozen waffles in air fryer basket. Don't stack on top of each other.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for 3 minutes. Flip the waffles over and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully remove from basket and serve.