Air fryer turkey bacon can be cooked in minutes. Perfectly crispy and great for a busy morning. This is the easiest method I have found for cooking the best turkey bacon.
We love making bacon in the air fryer like these bacon wrapped little smokies, bacon wrapped asparagus and bacon wrapped water chestnuts.
Why this recipe works
- Seriously easy and little clean up. Simply add bacon to air fryer and cook for delicious, crispy bacon.
- Air fried turkey bacon can be made in less than 10 minutes and doesn’t require preheating an oven or messy stove top grease.
- Even cooking.
- Turkey bacon in the air fryer is great for a fast breakfast, snack or on sandwiches and salads. This will be your new favorite way to cook turkey bacon.
How to make air fryer turkey bacon
Scroll to bottom for full, printable recipe and video.
- Place turkey bacon in a single layer in the air fryer basket. If the pieces are too long, cut them in half. My 5.8 quart basket can fit about 6 full slices.
- Cook for 5 minutes at 390 degrees F and then flip and cook another 3-5 minutes depending on desired crispiness.
- Carefully remove the turkey bacon using tongs to help prevent scratching. Serve or save for meal prep.
- Check on the bacon at 5 minutes. I like to flip mine but it’s not necessary. Each air fryer cooks a little different so add time as needed. Total 8-10 minutes I find works the best.
- Make sure to place turkey bacon in a single layer for even cooking. Depending on air fryer size, you might need to cut the bacon strips in half before cooking.
- Once it’s cooked, I like to place the slices on a paper towel lined plate to help drain off any additional grease. Turkey bacon doesn’t seem to have as much grease as pork.
How to clean grease from the air fryer
There are a few different ways to help with keeping the bottom of the air fryer basket clean.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the basket. You can just throw it away once finished cooking.
- I haven’t tried this method but some people like putting a piece of bread on the bottom to soak up any grease.
- Wash with dish soap and water. This is the way I typically clean my air fryer basket. I let the grease cool off and then wipe out the bottom with a paper towel. After that I wash in the sink and let dry.
- Most air fryer baskets can also be put in the dishwasher for super easy clean-up.
Is turkey bacon healthy?
Turkey bacon is made of dark and light meat that is seasoned like bacon. While it has fewer calories and fat than pork it’s still bacon and high in sodium and saturated fat.
What air fryer should I use?
There are several different air fryers to choose from on the market. I really love my Cosori 5.8 quart and you can read my full review about this model. Here are a few others I recommend:
- OMORC XL – Digital touch screen, 5.8 quart basket.
- Ninja Max XL Air Fryer– 5.5 quart basket that cooks, crisps, roasts, and dehydrates.
- Instant Vortex – This model is made by Instant Pot. 6 quart basket that has great reviews.
More easy air fryer recipes
- Air fryer hash browns – Cook up frozen hash browns quick and easy.
- Air fryer hard boiled eggs – It’s easy to make delicious hard boiled eggs in the air fryer.
- Air fryer sausage – A simple method to cook your favorite sausage.
- Air fryer cinnamon toast – The best cinnamon toast.
More recipes you will love
Make this air fryer recipe? Feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- 1 package turkey bacon
- Add turkey bacon slices to air fryer basket in a single layer. If they are too long, cut the pieces in half.
- Cook at 390 degrees F for 5 minutes. Check the bacon and flip the slices over. Cook for another 3-5 minutes depending on how crisp you prefer your bacon.
- Remove turkey bacon from air fryer and serve warm.
- Cook remaining bacon slices.
Best cooking times and temp for me. I like it crispy 🙂 tyvm Have used this recipe many times over so it is tried and true !!!!
katrina m kroeplin
i love cooking with my air fryer it’s the best.
This makes breakfast so much easier. I love using my air fryer for all the bacons.
My son has an air fryer on his wishlist. I just added one to mine too. They seem so versatile and easy to use.
I was upgraded to the one with the french doors for Christmas and LOVE it!
I just had my air fryer last month and cant wait to do that turkey bacon! 🙂
Yum! Love that it’s made in the Air Fryer! I am so curious to try this turkey bacon!
Those look good! An air fryer is on my wish list this year. And I do hope Santa would grant my wish. 🙂
I was just saying to my husband the other day, it would be tasty to make bacon wrapped something. Thanks for the ideas!
Thanks for sharing the recipe ,this sounds perfect for breakfast.
Wow, that turkey bacon looks really good and tasty. To be honest, it makes me hungry upon seeing this bacon.
Brandy Ellen Writes
I’ve heard great things about air fryer turkey bacon. I don’t have an air fryer right now, but going to share this with my friend who just got one.
I love to cook in my air fryer! I have never tried bacon but I am going to!
Oo I do love bacon. Granted, I do not have an air fryer yet. I need to get one and try this out!
See, this is why I need to get an air fryer. I’m missing out on all the good stuff! I love turkey bacon.
We love, love, love to make bacon in the air fryer. No mess, no grease splattering around the kitchen. I’m so happy to have discovered I can cook bacon this way!