Hashbrown casserole is a quick and easy side dish. Perfect for breakfast, brunch and dinner! Tastes just like it’s straight from Cracker Barrel.
This post was updated October 25, 2019.
When I was growing up, we would go to Cracker Barrel every Sunday after church. It became our Sunday tradition to go have a big breakfast and discuss the week ahead. Never fail, every time my mom would order a side of hash brown casserole to go with her pancakes. When she wasn’t looking, I would try to sneak bites of her casserole.
How To Make Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
- Begin by adding frozen hashbrowns, cheese, butter, broth, milk, onion and spices to a large bowl.
- Microwave for 10 minutes.
- Be sure to give it a stir after 5 minutes of cooking.
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and spread the hashbrown mixture into casserole dish. Top with extra cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
After much trial and error, mom perfected a great copycat recipe to Cracker Barrel’s easy hashbrown casserole recipe that is spot on! It tastes just like the restaurant if not better. The best part is it requires just dumping all of the ingredients in a bowl, heat up and then pop in the oven to cook the shredded potatoes and make them nice and cheesy. So easy, it’s a no brainer.
Can you freeze hashbrown casserole?:
Yes! If it has already been baked, allow the casserole to completely cool. Wrap tightly in freezer wrap and aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, allow to thaw. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until heated all the way through.
More Delicious Casserole Recipes:
- Cheesy Ground Beef and Rice Casserole
- Cheesy Vegetable Casserole
- Asian Beef and Rice Casserole
- French Toast and Bacon Casserole
- 1 32 oz bag of frozen shredded hashbrowns
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the above ingredients and microwave for 10 minutes. Stir after 5 minutes.
- Transfer hash browns to prepared baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.