Blushing Mimosas – A dash of pineapple juice and grenadine, adds a lovely twist to this brunch time classic.
Blushing mimosas are a holiday morning tradition, after coffee of course! Something about the tiny bubbles puts us all in a celebratory mood to start the holiday. I came across these blushing mimosas in Southern Living and have been hooked ever since.
Valentine’s Day is coming up so I am thinking about making these mimosas and chocolate waffles for my husband. Can’t go wrong with Champagne and chocolate. 🙂
HOW TO MAKE BLUSHING MIMOSAS
- A little pineapple juice, splash of grenadine, orange juice and of course some champagne or sparkling wine and you have a beautiful kinda hot pink mimosa.
- I like to add a few cherries also for color. If you want to make it non-alcoholic, just replace ginger-ale for the champagne.
WHAT CHAMPAGNE FOR MIMOSAS
- I would recommend not using an expensive bottle for mimosas because the juices and grenadine will change the flavor of the bubbly. A Cava or Prosecco is a great choice.
MORE DELICIOUS DRINKS
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons of grenadine
- 1 bottle of Champagne or sparkling white wine
- Mix together first 3 ingredients.
- Add equal parts orange juice mixture and Champagne in Champagne flute.