Air Fryer Hash Browns are crispy and come out perfectly cooked. Great for a quick breakfast, snack or side dish.
These air fryer hash brown patties cook fast and are great for a before work breakfast or even a sit down brunch. We like serving them with air fryer bacon and eggs.
We love cooking frozen food in the air fryer like air fryer french fries, air fryer tator tots, air fryer corn dogs, and air fryer pizza rolls. The hot air circulating around the food gives it a beautiful golden brown color and makes it so good and crispy.
Why air fryer hash browns
- Only need one ingredient, hash brown patties.
- Quick to cook and easy to clean. These cook up faster than in the oven.
- Crisp, golden brown and delicious.
How to make frozen hash browns in air fryer
Scroll to the bottom for full printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Cook: Place frozen hash brown patties in air fryer basket. Set temperature to 390 degrees. Cook for 8-10 minutes, being sure to flip halfway through cooking.
- Serve: Serve warm.
- No need to preheat the air fryer and you don’t need to thaw the hash browns. Cook them from frozen.
- Depending on how crispy you like your hash browns, you might need to add a few extra minutes cooking time.
- Most frozen fried foods already contain oil so there is no need for extra oil.
- Don’t stack the hash brown patties in the air fryer basket. The hot air needs to be able to circulate around them to cook even and crisp.
Best air fryer to use
You can find several wonderful air fryers on the market today. I use the Cosori 5.8 quart and have really enjoyed how it performs. Read my full Cosori air fryer review to see if this might be a good option for you.
Here are a few others that have great ratings and are well priced:
- Ninja air fryer – This is 4 quarts and cooks, crisps and dehydrates.
- OMORC – Great price point, 5.8 quart model.
- Instant Vortex – Made by Instant Pot, this is a 6 in 1 air fryer.
More easy air fryer recipes
- Air fryer fish sticks – Crispy fish sticks made in minutes.
- Air fryer spaghetti squash – Delicious, roasted spaghetti squash.
- Air fryer baked potato – Crisp skin and fluffy inside.
- Air fryer Texas toast – Quick and easy Texas toast.
- Air fryer sausage – Cook your favorite sausage in the air fryer.
- Air fryer grilled cheese – Perfectly toasted bread with melted cheese center.
*** If you made this recipe, feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Air Fryer Hash Browns
- 4 frozen hash brown patties
- Place hash brown patties in air fryer basket.
- Cook at 390 degrees F for 4-5 minutes. Flip hash browns over and cook at 390 degrees for another 4-5 minutes.
- Serve warm.