Aug 31, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chewy blonde brownies, or “blondies”, are a seriously delicious dessert bar. Made with brown sugar and white chocolate chips, these vanilla flavored brownies are always a huge hit.
This blondie recipe is a family favorite. My kids love helping me make a batch for dessert but they are also great for parties, and bake sales.
What is a blonde brownie?
Commonly referred to as “blondies”, these dessert bars don’t have cocoa powder. This dessert has a similar texture to chocolate brownies, just with a vanilla twist.
What are blonde brownies made of?
You will need these simple ingredients for this blondie recipe:
Butter – Unsalted, sweet cream butter. Make sure it’s softened before creaming with brown sugar.
Brown sugar – I used light brown sugar but you can substitute with dark brown sugar.
Eggs, vanilla extract
All-purpose flour, baking soda, salt
White chocolate chips – Or substitute with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, or candy
How to make blonde brownies
Scroll to the bottom for full, printable recipes, ingredients and video
- Prepare: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper or foil. Lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- Mix: Cream softened butter and brown sugar together with an electric mixer. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract. Mix in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Fold: Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Bake: Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Tips and variations for making blondies
- To have easy cut, clean squares, allow the blondies to cool for 1-2 hours and then cut with a knife. I like to lift mine out onto a cutting board before slicing.
- Make sure butter is softened, not melted.
- I added white chocolate chips but feel free to substitute with chocolate chips, nuts, toffee bits and more. I would recommend adding between 1-2 cups of your add-in. These are also delicious without anything extra added into the mix.
- If you don’t have parchment paper or foil, spray the baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and add batter into ban. The parchment makes it easier to lift the blonde brownies out to cut.
How to store
Store: These can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days.
Freeze: You can freeze blonde brownies by letting them completely cool. Wrap in plastic wrap and then placing in freezer safe bag. Be sure to try and remove as much air as possible from the bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
More delicious easy desserts
- Cake mix cookie bars – Cookie bars made with M&M’s and cake mix.
- Amaretto brownies – Layered brownies with Amaretto cream.
- Brownie mix cookies – Chewy chocolate cookies made with brownie mix.
- Oatmeal fudge bars – Oatmeal cookie bars with a fudge center.
- Black forest brownies – Rich chocolate brownies with cherries.
*** If you made this recipe, please feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper or foil. Lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together brown sugar and butter. Add in eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture until combined. Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in prepared baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before cutting.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.