Black Forest Chocolate Chip Brownies are a chocolate lovers dream! Filled with sweet cherries and chocolate chips, these are always a huge hit at parties.
These Black Forest Brownies are seriously so delicious! They are inspired from classic Black Forest Cake. The original cake uses cherry liqueur but I am substituting almond extract.
Sugar – I use Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Sugar
Brown Sugar – I use Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
Butter – Make sure to melt the butter. You can melt in the microwave or on the stove.
All-Purpose Flour – Make sure to use all-purpose flour.
Cocoa Powder – This gives the chocolate flavor to the brownies.
Almond Extract – Almond Extract adds a nice layer of flavor to the black forest brownies.
Salt – This helps to balance the sweetness.
Cherries – I use cherries from cherry pie filling. Use a fork or slotted spoon to separate the cherries from the cherry pie filling.
Chocolate Chips – I use milk chocolate chips but semi-sweet or even white chocolate chips would also be delicious.
How To Make Black Forest Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Begin by preheating oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking dish with parchment paper or foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Using a mixer, beat together eggs, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add in butter and brown sugar. Mix in flour mixture.
- Stir in cherries and chocolate chips into brownie batter.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool before serving.
Be sure to let me know how you enjoy these Black Forest Chocolate Chip Brownies in the comments. Enjoy!
I am sharing this recipe over at Dixie Crystals today.
Click on Black Forest Chocolate Chip Brownies for the full recipe.
**I have an ongoing relationship with Dixie Crystals for recipe development. I was compensated for my time to create this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are my own.