Black Forest Chocolate Chip Brownies are a chocolate lovers dream! Filled with sweet cherries and chocolate chips, these are always a huge hit at parties.
If you like brownies or bars be sure to try these Cream Cheese Blondie Bars and Amaretto Brownies.
These Black Forest Brownies are seriously so delicious! They are inspired from classic Black Forest Cake. The original cake uses cherry liqueur but I am substituting almond extract.
Sugar – I use Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Sugar
Brown Sugar – I use Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
Butter – Make sure to melt the butter. You can melt in the microwave or on the stove.
All-Purpose Flour – Make sure to use all-purpose flour.
Cocoa Powder – This gives the chocolate flavor to the brownies.
Almond Extract – Almond Extract adds a nice layer of flavor to the black forest brownies.
Salt – This helps to balance the sweetness.
Cherries – I use cherries from cherry pie filling. Use a fork or slotted spoon to separate the cherries from the cherry pie filling.
Chocolate Chips – I use milk chocolate chips but semi-sweet or even white chocolate chips would also be delicious.
How To Make Black Forest Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Begin by preheating oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking dish with parchment paper or foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Using a mixer, beat together eggs, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add in butter and brown sugar. Mix in flour mixture.
- Stir in cherries and chocolate chips into brownie batter.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool before serving.
Be sure to let me know how you enjoy these Black Forest Chocolate Chip Brownies in the comments. Enjoy!
I am sharing this recipe over at Dixie Crystals today.
Click on Black Forest Chocolate Chip Brownies for the full recipe.
**I have an ongoing relationship with Dixie Crystals for recipe development. I was compensated for my time to create this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Leave a Reply