Amaretto Brownies take brownies to the next level! Fudgy brownies topped with Amaretto cream frosting and chocolate ganache. These brownies are AHHHmazing!
I posted these brownies last year around my birthday. Brownies are one of my all-time favorite desserts so much so that I would rather have a brownie than a birthday cake. These brownies are beyond delicious so I wanted to update the post so you would not miss making them. Trust me, you need to try these!
Someone brought these to my college graduation party and it was love at first taste for me. I mean brownie, amaretto frosting, and topped with chocolate, seriously the best! This is one of those desserts that I can not have in my house because I will end up eating every last one of them.
How to Make Amaretto Brownies
These brownies are easy to make but do take a little time for the layers to cool.
- First, start with your favorite brownie mix. I have tried many but always come back to Ghirardelli. Prepare the brownies according to the package and bake.
- Once brownies are cooled, spoon Amaretto over the brownies. Yay for boozy brownies!!
- Let the brownies cool down before you top with frosting. Don’t skip this part or the frosting will not stay on the brownies.
- Mix together the Amaretto frosting and cover the brownies.
- Stick the brownies in the refrigerator for at least one hour. The frosting needs to be stiff to the touch.
- Next, prepare your ganache using chocolate chips and butter.
- One more layer. 🙂 After your frosting has stiffened up, top with chocolate ganache. Let the chocolate harden and then serve.
These are some rich brownies so I would suggest cutting them into smaller bites. Don’t wait till your birthday to try making these brownies.
MORE DELICIOUS DESSERTS
- Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
- Butterscotch Brownies
- Congo Squares
- German Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
***If you have made these brownies, be sure to give it a star rating below.
- 1 box favorite brownie mix (ingredients required on box)
- 6 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4` tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line 8 x 8 baking pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare brownie mixture according to package and bake according to box and spoon 6 tablespoons of Amaretto over top the brownies. Cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix softened butter, powdered sugar and Amaretto until well combined.
- Spread frosting over cooled brownies and cool in refrigerator for 1 hour or until hardened on top.
- Place chocolate chips and 4 tablespoons of butter in microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Spread chocolate over frosting, let harden and serve.