Brownie mix cookies is the ultimate box brownie mix recipe. Chewy, rich chocolate cookies that are so delicious, you will never believe they were made from a box mix.
Why you’ll love Cookies from Brownie Mix
- Can be made fast and only 4 ingredients needed.
- Fudgy, chewy cookies rich in chocolate flavor.
- Easy to customize with different add-in ingredients.
Brownie Cookies from box Ingredients
- Box brownie mix – I use Ghirardelli double chocolate mix and have also used Pillsbury brownie mix. I would recommend not using Betty Crocker for this recipe since it doesn’t contain baking soda and could cause the cookies to flatten.
- Vegetable or canola oil – Either of these work well. You can also use coconut oil.
- Eggs – Two eggs are needed for this recipe.
- All-purpose flour – Just a little flour is needed for these cookies.
How to turn Brownie Mix into Cookies
Scroll to the bottom for full, printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Mix: Mix together brownie mix, eggs, oil, and flour with an electric mixer until combined.
- Scoop: Scoop cookie dough and place on a lined baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake: Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-9 minutes.
- Cool: Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack.
Brownie Mix Cookies Recipe Tips
- There are several brands of brownie mix on the grocery shelves and each is a little different in size. I have made this with Ghriardelli and Pillsbury.
- Betty Crocker mix doesn’t contain baking soda so it might make the cookies flat. If you decide to use this brand, try adding 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to help keep them from flattening.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- For uniform sized cookies, try using a cookie scoop.
- Don’t over bake these cookies. Once they cool they will be perfect on the inside. 8-9 minutes seems to be the perfect cook time.
How to store Brownie Mix Cookies
Store: Place the chocolate cookies in an airtight container and leave out at room temperature. They will last about 5 days.
Freeze: They can be frozen. Let them completely cool and then place in freezer safe bag, making sure to remove any excess air. Freeze up to 3 months. Let thaw in the refrigerator.
Brownie Cookies from Mix Variations
These chocolate crackle brownie cookies are perfect to mix in other ingredients. I recommend adding in 1/2-3/4 cup of the ingredient you choose. Here are a few suggestions:
- Chocolate chips or chunks
- Peanut butter chips
- Toffee bits
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Chopped nuts
- Sprinkle the top with sea salt
These cookies also make the perfect “sandwich” cookie. Try making a cookiewich using vanilla ice cream and two cookies or even fill with marshmallow fluff.
Brownie Cookies from Box FAQ
The big difference between the two mixes is that a cake mix contains more leavener. This helps the cake to rise. A brownie mix does not contain much leavener and they typically contain more sugar in the mix.
Yes, these cookies can be frozen. Let the cookies completely cool and then place in a freezer safe bag or container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
More easy cake mix dessert recipes
- Strawberry Cookies – Chewy cookies made with strawberry cake mix.
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookies – Easy to make cookies with lemon icing.
- Chocolate Cherry Cake – Chocolate cake filled with cherry pie filling.
- Strawberry Bars – Made with a strawberry cake mix.
***If you made this recipe, feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Cookies From Brownie Mix
- 1 box brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or canola
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- Mix together brownie mix, eggs, oil, and flour with an electric mixer until combined.
- Scoop cookie dough and place on a lined baking sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit 4-5 minutes before letting cool on a wire rack.