Brownie Mix Cookies is the ultimate box brownie mix recipe. Chewy, rich cookies that that are so delicious, you will never believe they were made from a box mix.
Why you will love these cookies
- Can be made fast and only 4 ingredients needed.
- Fudgy, chewy cookies rich in chocolate flavor.
- Easy to customize with different add-in ingredients.
Box brownie mix – I use Ghirardelli double chocolate mix and have also tried Pillsbury. I would recommend not using Betty Crocker for these since it doesn’t contain baking soda.
Vegetable or canola oil – Either of these work well. You could also use coconut oil.
Eggs – Two eggs are needed for this recipe.
All-purpose flour – Just a little bit of flour is needed for these cookies.
How to make brownie mix cookies
Scroll to the bottom for full, printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Mix: Mix together brownie mix, eggs, oil, and flour with an electric mixer until combined.
- Scoop: Scoop cookie dough and place on a lined baking sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake: Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-9 minutes.
- Cool: Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on wire rack.
- There are several brands of brownie mix on the grocery shelves and each is a little different in size. I have made this with Ghirardelli and Pillsbury mix.
- Betty Crocker mix doesn’t contain baking soda so it might make the cookies flat. If you decide to use this brand, try adding 1/2 teaspoon baking soda to help keep them from flattening.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- For uniform sized cookies, try using a cookie scoop.
- Don’t over bake these cookies. Once they cool they will be perfect on the inside. 8 or 9 minutes seems to be the perfect cook time.
How to store
Store: Place them in an airtight container and leave out at room temperature. They last 4-5 days.
Freeze: They can be frozen. Let them completely cool and then place in freezer safe bag, making sure to remove any excess air. Freeze for up to 3 months. Let thaw in the refrigerator.
These chocolate crackle brownie cookies are perfect to mix in other ingredients. I recommend add in 1/2-3/4 cup of the ingredient. Here are a few suggestions:
- Chocolate chips or chunks
- Peanut butter chips
- Toffee bits
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Chopped nuts
- Sprinkle the top with sea salt
These cookies also make the perfect “sandwich” cookie. Try making a cookiewich using vanilla ice cream and two cookies or even fill with marshmallow fluff.
More easy dessert recipes
- Strawberry Cookies – Chewy cookies made with strawberry cake mix.
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookies – Easy to make cookies with a lemon icing.
- Chocolate Cherry Cake – Chocolate cake filled with cherries.
- Strawberry Bars – Similar to the cookies just in bar form.
***If you made this recipe, feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Brownie Mix Cookies
- 1 box brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or canola
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- Mix together brownie mix, eggs, oil, and flour with an electric mixer until combined.
- Scoop cookie dough and place on a lined baking sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit 4-5 minutes before letting cool on a wire rack.