These Air fryer vegetables are so simple to cook and make a delicious, healthy side dish. No need for extra breading, these flavorful veggies will be a hit.
These make a great side dish to many things like air fryer meatloaf, chicken breast or air fryer turkey meatballs.
I have been using my air fryer for a few years now and still really love it. It’s a kitchen appliance that I recommend to friends because of how quickly it cooks, the quality of taste and the ease of cleaning.
Why you will love vegetables made in the air fryer
- Delicious way to eat your vegetables.
- Healthy and flavorful. Perfect for low-carb, Keto and gluten free diets.
- Easy side dish and great for leftovers in stir fry, omelets, salads and more. Also wonderful for meal prep.
You can air fry most any vegetables. For this recipe, I’m using veggies that have a similar cook time.
Keep in mind that harder vegetables like butternut squash and turnips might take a little longer to cook.
Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
How to make air fryer vegetables
Scroll to the bottom for full, printable recipe, ingredients and video.
- Prepare: Begin by cleaning vegetables. Either slice zucchini and squash in 1/4 inch thick rounds or in small quarters. Cut mushrooms in half and dice pepper and onion into bite-sized pieces
- Season: Pour vegetables into large bowl. Pour olive oil over vegetables and then seasonings. Toss to coat completely.
- Air fry: Pour vegetables into air fryer basket. Spread them out in one layer. I ended up having to cook 2 batches. Cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Serve: Serve warm.
How to store
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the oven or air fryer.
- Make sure to spread vegetables out in one layer. This enables them to cook evenly.
- Feel free to change up the spices. Seasoned salt or Greek seasonings work well with these vegetables.
- Try sprinkling on a little Parmesan cheese once they have finished cooking for a delicious variation.
- Note that depending on size you cut the vegetables and the machine you are using, the cooking time could vary. I like to start with 10 minutes and add more depending on how roasted you prefer the vegetables.
Can you use frozen vegetables?
Yes, you can air fry frozen vegetables. Since they are frozen, they will need to cook a little longer. Start with 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Make sure not to pile them on top of each other so the water can evaporate and they are able to cook.
Are air fried vegetables healthy?
Yes, they are healthy and full of vitamins and nutrients. Cooking with the air fryer requires very little oil or fat. The hot air circulates the food to cook it to perfection.
Best air fryer to use
There are many wonderful fryers on the market today. I use a Cosori 5.8 quart that I really enjoy. You can read my full Cosori review to see if it might work for you.
Here are a few other options that have great reviews and are reasonably priced:
Ninja Max Air Fryer – This is a 5.5 quart that air fryer, dehydrates, bakes and broils.
OMORC – 5.8 quart basket with LED touchscreen. I know several people who use this and love it.
More delicious air fryer vegetable recipes
- Air fryer broccoli
- Air fryer frozen okra
- Air fryer mushrooms
- Air fryer spaghetti squash
- Air fryer cabbage
- Air fryer Brussels sprouts
- Air fryer corn on the cob
Grab this printable Air Fryer times and temperatures cheat sheet for quick reference.
AIR FRYER COOKING TIMES CHEAT SHEET
***If you made this recipe please feel free to leave a comment and star rating below.
Air fryer vegetables
- 2 zucchini
- 1-2 yellow squash
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1 8 oz container mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut squash, zucchini, pepper, onion and mushrooms into bite sized pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Pour olive oil over vegetables. Sprinkle Italian seasoning, salt and pepper over vegetables. Toss to coat.
- Pour vegetables into air fryer basket. Spread out for one layer. (You might need to cook in 2 batches.)
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve warm.
This makes me want to get an air fryer.
YUM! These turned out AMAZING!!!!
The veggies cooked perfectly! I am always looking for more recipes to make in my air fryer and this one is a winner!
I absolutely loved how these vegetables turned out! Great recipe!
So simple yet so delicious, I loved this. I grilled some chicken and then had these veggies and it was the perfect lunch, light, healthy, and yummy. I think I am going to be experimenting with different veggies in the future, I feel like you can’t go wrong with any vegetable.